Old 10-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #541
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Never had problems storing my unit at home, just at the campground.

Pick up a 4 pack of them yesterday and plugged them in the camper. According to my meter they draw 0 amps, so it much of a load on the wfco.

Is it optional to leave the battery hooked up? Or can I take it home? Dont want it to freeze (I know the wfco will trickle charge it.

Removed one dead mouse yesterday. Last 4 weeks of the season I been catching mice in traps and seeing mice droppings.
Threw mothballs under the camper, on frame and in outside storage area. Scented mouse repellent packs , bounce sheets and steel-wool in every gap.

As far as the dodge boy goes....well he is a Cubs fan so I can give him a pass.
It's not suggested to run the wfco without a battery however, they are assuming lights and 12v items being used.
you don't or won't need any 12v items anyway, you could just shut the breaker off to the wfco. No?

Old 10-30-2015, 07:24 AM   #542
Site Team

Location: Home of the 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS CHICAGO CUBS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
It's not suggested to run the wfco without a battery however, they are assuming lights and 12v items being used.
you don't or won't need any 12v items anyway, you could just shut the breaker off to the wfco. No?
Thought breakers were for 110v and fuses 12v. If I shut the main breaker off there is no power.

2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 92 nights of camping
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:35 AM   #543
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Shut only the converter breaker off.
Converter is 110v.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #544

If you haven't found a place yet, Last week we booked at a County Park in Melbourne Fl. They had a lot of spots, don't know how long you can stay. We are only staying overnight and then down to Florida City for 2 mos. But plan on spending a week there in March on the way back home.

Thanks for the info. We are flying down in February to visit family and plan on checking out campgrounds/ RV Resorts. We are researching for next winter. I think there is a 160 day limit at the county parks wich will work nicely for us.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
If you haven't found a place yet, Last week we booked at a County Park in Melbourne Fl. They had a lot of spots, don't know how long you can stay. We are only staying overnight and then down to Florida City for 2 mos. But plan on spending a week there in March on the way back home.
Thanks for the info. We are flying down in February to visit family and plan on checking out campgrounds/ RV Resorts. We are researching for next winter. I think there is a 160 day limit at the county parks wich will work nicely for us.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 11-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post

Just got back from ORA Melbourne Beach, Wednesday through Monday, daytime highs 84 to 88, nighttime low 70-72 degrees.

It was unbelievable; the steady stream of RV’s headed southbound on I-95. After the last couple of winters, many in our resort got an earlier start, opting to fly back for the holiday’s, rather than risk getting snowed in again…
Old 11-04-2015, 09:16 AM   #547

Excuse my ignorance, ORA?

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 11-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post
Excuse my ignorance, ORA?
Outdoor Resorts of America.

They were a chain of campgrounds that sold off to individual lot owners beginning in the early 1980's. Many locations still carry the banner.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #549
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post

Hi Glen! Your plans sound terrific! Can I ask, where in Florida City to you go?
Hope you two are doing great!

XLR Owners United!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Hi Glen! Your plans sound terrific! Can I ask, where in Florida City to you go?
Hope you two are doing great!

XLR Owners United!
Hi, We are going to Southern Comfort RV Resort Phone # 305-248-6909, They had a lot of sites left cost $640.00 per month. 20 mins from both Miami and Key largo, good home base. We will be in space #219, right across from the Tiki Bar, Plus olympic size heated pool, Come on down, the best we have found. Can always drive down to key west it right at the high way down to the keys. Hope to see you .... PS: then March 1st we will be at the frog rally in Tampa for a week at Lazy days. Check the FROG site 199.00 plus tax for 3 days including meals everyday.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote