Old 03-31-2016, 03:27 PM   #581

First Seasonal - Prep Ideas?

So we chose to test a seasonal site this year, just 1 hour from home. Any suggestions as to what things we should do the weekend we set her down to get her ready for the season? Obviously, my first steps will be to level and stabilize, and do the hookups (including PVC for the tank drains - x2). I wont get access to the site till APR30, so other than dewinterizing at home, and cleaning and setting up the inside, I am not sure what else I can or should do in advance.

All your inputs would be welcome! Thanks in advance!

Nights Glamped - 2015 - 24
Nights Glamped - 2016 - 4
wpgman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:40 PM   #582

Hi,
Welcome to the seasonal side....
This will be our 2nd year as seasonals and we love it.
Not much difference than when you tow it to a site other than just unlocking the door, putting out the awning and grabbing a cold one.
I did order a new fire pit with a cooking grate and a stainless steel fire poker.
I bought solar lights to line the driveway.
You will of course need the mandatory camp sign with your names on it and a few other goodies like an exterior water filter, lawn mower, blower and a weed whipper if you are responsible for the lot work.
A good tip: Put a couple ice cubes in a baggie and keep them in the freezer. Check the cubes every time you go to the site. If they melted, you know the power was out and you can toss all the food in the fridge and freezer.
Enjoy your new site.
crunchman

crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:48 PM   #583
Site Team

Location: Home of the 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS CHICAGO CUBS
Howdy wpgman19,
We're 1 1/2 seasons of seasonal camping and loving it!
Crunchman has started the list off nicely. I will add a shed to the list. Oh and one thing I consider a must is golf cart.
Its a great way to meet other campers and just have fun!

No holiday site issues, just hop in the truck-n-go!

2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 92 nights of camping
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #584

We are starting our 12th summer at our seasonal spot

We are an hour and a half from home but feels like more! So nice to go anytime during the week, unlock door, mow yard, put out awning, start a fire and chill - especially nice on weekends wAtching the weekend warriors set up and cram their whole weekend of fun into one full day after setting up and tearing down later...

No worries about where to go, what time, what to pack etc...a few groceries and an overnite bag - 99% of what we need stays in camper all summer

We have made some awesome friends whom we see all winter too 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
Old 03-31-2016, 05:04 PM   #585

We contracted with a local LP place for a 100# LP tank piped into our camper in place of one of the 30#er's. Still have the other 30#er as back up. Consider a surge protector too if you don't already have one.

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #586

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Hi,
You will of course need the mandatory camp sign with your names on it and a few other goodies like an exterior water filter, lawn mower, blower and a weed whipper if you are responsible for the lot work.
A good tip: Put a couple ice cubes in a baggie and keep them in the freezer. Check the cubes every time you go to the site. If they melted, you know the power was out and you can toss all the food in the fridge and freezer.
Enjoy your new site.
crunchman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Howdy wpgman19,
We're 1 1/2 seasons of seasonal camping and loving it!
Crunchman has started the list off nicely. I will add a shed to the list. Oh and one thing I consider a must is golf cart.
Its a great way to meet other campers and just have fun!

No holiday site issues, just hop in the truck-n-go!
Thanks Crunch and Plato! I read the ice cube thing earlier and think it is a great idea! We lucked out that the previous site owners left a good shed behind. Perfect for the bikes and BBQ and clubs!

One more question - what is the best way to connect the PVC pipe to the actual tank drains? I see some people just duct tape it, but it doesn't look nice, and I may want to disconnect occasionally for a road trip still.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:41 AM   #587
Toy-aholic

Quote:

One more question - what is the best way to connect the PVC pipe to the actual tank drains? I see some people just duct tape it, but it doesn't look nice, and I may want to disconnect occasionally for a road trip still.
I don't see the need for the pvc ....makes it easy to unhook & go
Old 04-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
I don't see the need for the pvc ....makes it easy to unhook & go
I wanted a setup that I could connect and leave for the year (other than the FEW times I MIGHT take the TT out). I have 3 tanks to drain (from two separate outlets) and wanted to avoid having to move the hose between the two outlets every 3-4 days.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgman19 View Post
Thanks Crunch and Plato! I read the ice cube thing earlier and think it is a great idea! We lucked out that the previous site owners left a good shed behind. Perfect for the bikes and BBQ and clubs!

When I get back down to Florida I plan on buying fittings for this.

A short length of slinky hose to a fitting on the pvc.

Pvc pipe to the drain hole in the ground. The short length of slinky will have enough give in it to unhook it if needed.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #590
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgman19 View Post
I believe these two connectors are what you'll need.

Amazon.com: Valterra T1027 Rotating Rigid Sewer Pipe Bayonet Adapter with 3" Male Thread x Bayonet Hooks: Automotive

NIBCO 5803 ABS Pipe Fitting, Adapter, Schedule 40, 3" Hub x 3" NPT Female: Industrial Pipe Fittings: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

There are also a few videos on Youtube showing how other people have set theirs up. Just search for something like "rv pvc sewer lines"