Old 05-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #621

I was toying with the idea of leaving awning out strapped down cuz it is a pain to put up and take down the awning lights plus I thought it would protect the furniture we leave on the deck. Ive seen several people that leave theirs out but Im not sure if I wanna take that chance.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:33 AM   #622

What about changing the thermostat to a digital one? Anyone do that? Easy to do? The digital thermostat I bought doesnt have differnent fan speeds like my current one does but I read I can just cap or tape off the wires we dont use??

Old 05-03-2016, 07:48 AM   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
Glad to know we are not the only ones to drive what seems a ridiculous distance. We drive over 5 hours to get to our camper on lake Superior. We do it because there is nothing else like it in the area. The scenery is spectacular and the summer weather very pleasant. It is as close to being ocean front as you will find in the Midwest.
I like the fact you call it your "safe house" We feel the same about our get-way. Our camper is the place where all troubles are somewhere else!

Beautiful! Your signature line indicates similar demographics to ours, 10 years from retirement, in the meantime adult and near adult children…add in parent care and a "safe house", a good distance away is an absolute.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
What about changing the thermostat to a digital one? Anyone do that? Easy to do? The digital thermostat I bought doesnt have differnent fan speeds like my current one does but I read I can just cap or tape off the wires we dont use??
On our previous camper I did the digital thermostat swap and installed a separate switch to control fan speed. Turns out we hardly ever used the low speed. Here's a pic of the one I did:
Click image for larger version

Name:	24. Hunter Thermostat fan switch.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	106778

Don't know what kind of T-stat your doing but this link might help with the fan switch wiring.
Hunter Thermostat

My 2 cents from your previous posts:
Alot of people tie down their awning where we have our seasonal site. But that depends on their site location. Open sites are prone to more wind during storms than sites with trees to block wind. We have an electric awning and bring it in when we leave so as not to take any chances. I've seen awnings destroyed by high winds even after being tied down.

Grey valve question - We have 1 black and 2 grey tanks with 300 gal on site septic tank and close all valves. Open when only emptying the tanks as the grey water helps flush down the black water.

We are 2 hours from our seasonal site too. We're going on our 9th year and to be truthful the drive is getting longer every year.

Where is your seasonal site?

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:51 AM   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
We drive 2 hours. That is our limit. We also just built a deck. We did as others suggested and built in sections. Our deck is huge but it also done in sections.
Is it laying on the ground or do you have it supported by blocks?
Old 05-03-2016, 01:45 PM   #626

Part of it is one inch solids and part is on legs.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #627

I will try to post a pic. Oh and we are at Maple Heights in Lakewood.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:07 PM   #628

Im not sure how to post a pic from my phone. Anyway, the deck was leveled use 1 inch solid patio block.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:52 PM   #629
Site Team

Location: Home of the 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS CHICAGO CUBS
To avoid building permit$$ we moved a deck from another campsite. 10 x 28 deck cut into 3 pieces moved on a utility trailer. Wish we would have taken pictures of this process. It was a pain in the butt, all the thinking on how to dissect the deck and it didnt come apart easy.
Once apart the rest was easy with several strong camping neighbors. 6 of us would lift a section of deck and someone would back the utility trailer under. Drive to our site and set in place.
Did put a dent in my beer supply but it was well worth the help.

Drive 35 to 40 minutes to our seasonal spot.

2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 92 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #630
CANADA FROG RALLY 2017

We have 3 Tip outs on our park model that stay out all of the time. Our seasonal site is 5 minutes away. I drive by the park everyday and do not let anyone in during off season at all. We moved our permanant home to a small town and are selling our seasonal site now.

2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote