Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:41 PM   #661

Yep, always!
Old 10-26-2016, 08:51 PM   #662

IMO the quality of materials and build is even less with the slides than the rest of our fiver. In addition there are many parts related to slide movement that should not be exposed to the elements that may corrode, rust or just age faster.In our case salt air is lethal to everything, can’t imagine how long they would last, left open.We even wrap our hydraulic leveler jack rams.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:02 PM   #663

I leave them out the whole season.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:32 PM   #664
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
I havent read the whole thread yet, so if its been discussed, feel free to let me know... but... do you all leave your slideout in the out position all year, or bring it in each time you leave?
We leave our slides out all season.

To your prior post;
Seasonal camping can have a huge upside. The best is all the good friends we made in the last 3 years.
Think your gonna enjoy being seasonal.

We close and winterize this weekend

Zelda the campin dog
Old 10-27-2016, 04:16 AM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
I leave them out the whole season.
X3, out all season.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:59 AM   #666

We leave our slides out all season too.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #667
Site Team

Quote:
I havent read the whole thread yet, so if its been discussed, feel free to let me know... but... do you all leave your slideout in the out position all year, or bring it in each time you leave?
We've been seasonal campers for about 7 years now. In my experience, most people put them out in the spring and don't pull them in until the fall.

It's pretty rare to see a seasonal that pulls their slides in every single weekend. It's even more rare to see anyone leave them out in the middle of winter.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #668

We leave them out during the camping season. We put them in during winter. We do lube them and bring them in and out a few times during the summer.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:44 PM   #669

Seasonal camping thread

A couple seasonal questions...
1. Do any of you use X-Chocks? Leave them on all season? I would think they would start to damage the tires?
2. What other alternative do you use to stabilize your seasonal unit? Looking specifically at TT's.
3. Looking at using concrete blocks as stabilizer pads. Trying to extend the stabilizers as little as possible. Any other alternative?
4. Do any of you use step supports? Im considering either building some supports or just building steps and leaving the camper steps stowed. I would think the latter would work best for rocking?
Old 10-31-2016, 01:49 PM   #670
Toy-aholic

Quote:
A couple seasonal questions...
1. Do any of you use X-Chocks? Leave them on all season? I would think they would start to damage the tires?
2. What other alternative do you use to stabilize your seasonal unit? Looking specifically at TT's.
3. Looking at using concrete blocks as stabilizer pads. Trying to extend the stabilizers as little as possible. Any other alternative?
4. Do any of you use step supports? Im considering either building some supports or just building steps and leaving the camper steps stowed. I would think the latter would work best for rocking?
X chocks do no harm
Set your frame on blocks...much better
Old 10-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #671
Site Team

Quote:
Cinder blocks under the frame work pretty well. Put 2 next to each other, then two more perpendicular on top those. Then just use wood shims to tighten them up. Might need a shovel to level the ground up a little underneath them first. Put them in front and in back of your tires on both sides and then on all four corners of your trailer and it shouldn't move at all.

Quote:
If you do as I suggested above, you won't even need your stabilizers.

Quote:
We just got a few step stringers and some 2x8's at one of the big box hardware stores and built our own. I'm typically not a very good carpenter but they came out pretty good. Don't have any pics though.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #672

Unless you block up the frame as stated above you WILL have some movement. Remember you ARE on springs and tires after all. How much you want to do to lessen this depends on how much "bounce" you can take.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 12-02-2016, 09:27 PM   #673

Just curious what you all keep on hand for maintenance? I am considering asking santa for a cordless lawnmower. I want something that doesnt need gasoline, as i dont want to store it on-site. Something my 13yo son can use easily, as it will be his chore each trip. I purchase an electric leaf blower a few weeks ago at lowes. $30. Tried it out here at home and it works much better than i anticipated.
Please feel free to chime in with items you keep on hand that is specific to seasonals... rakes, weedeaters, etc...
The largest shed we're allowed is the Rubbermaid medium size. Should be big enough for all our "stuff."
Do any of you wash your campers throughout the season? I typically wash mine once a month, and wax it once a season, but not sure if thats taboo since water is included in our seasonal price?
Old 12-02-2016, 09:54 PM   #674

KDHfan,
Things I keep in my 8 × 10 shed to keep up with the lot are duplicates of my home stuff.
Lawnmower
Weedwacker
Blower
Ladder
Shovels (3)
Rakes (2)
Sledge hammer for the landscape timbers
Seed spreader for grass and fertilizers.
Ect...
We are "allowed" to wash our rigs twice a year but you can do it as often as you like so I have the wash bucket and soaps for the rig and golf cart.
The shed is never big enough as we keep chairs, cornhole boards, gas cans and much more in there. Consider it a second garage because if it is not at the site, you either go back home or to home depot to buy it.

Ps. I tried having my kids do the lawn mowing too but they started to not want to come relax with us because they knew they had to do the grass. I do it to keep the peace and to keep them coming out with us before they get too old.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:17 PM   #675

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmac1964 View Post
We really enjoy our seasonal site! We have nothing modern on the site, besides the electric and water hook up. And if we choose, we can be mobile by cranking up the stabilizers, and hooking up to the truck. Our site is at a camp resort that requires, or at least did require, a membership, and has a ton of things to do while we are there. We also have a shooting club at the campground, which I am the vice president of, and we have some sort of organized shoot every Sat, from the end of Apr, till the end of Oct. Twice a month it's trap, and the other days is could be anything from a concealed carry pistol competition, to a 22 rifle bulls-eye competition. Here is a link with the campground info.

Rocky Fork Ranch Resort | Come relax, have fun and enjoy nature at Rocky Fork Ranch

Sounds like a great place. Too bad it is so far away.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:20 PM   #676

Newbie question. Do all seasonal sites require that the renter maintain them? I have thought about a seasonal site just so I always had somewhere to go without worrying Bout availability, though I would never be there more than three weeks to a month at a time in a MH (drive in and drive out each stay).
Old 12-03-2016, 06:13 AM   #677
Site Team

Quote:
Just curious what you all keep on hand for maintenance? I am considering asking santa for a cordless lawnmower. I want something that doesnt need gasoline, as i dont want to store it on-site. Something my 13yo son can use easily, as it will be his chore each trip. I purchase an electric leaf blower a few weeks ago at lowes. $30. Tried it out here at home and it works much better than i anticipated.
Please feel free to chime in with items you keep on hand that is specific to seasonals... rakes, weedeaters, etc...
The largest shed we're allowed is the Rubbermaid medium size. Should be big enough for all our "stuff."
Do any of you wash your campers throughout the season? I typically wash mine once a month, and wax it once a season, but not sure if thats taboo since water is included in our seasonal price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
KDHfan,
Things I keep in my 8 × 10 shed to keep up with the lot are duplicates of my home stuff.
Lawnmower
Weedwacker
Blower
Ladder
Shovels (3)
Rakes (2)
Sledge hammer for the landscape timbers
Seed spreader for grass and fertilizers.
Ect...
We are "allowed" to wash our rigs twice a year but you can do it as often as you like so I have the wash bucket and soaps for the rig and golf cart.
The shed is never big enough as we keep chairs, cornhole boards, gas cans and much more in there. Consider it a second garage because if it is not at the site, you either go back home or to home depot to buy it.

Ps. I tried having my kids do the lawn mowing too but they started to not want to come relax with us because they knew they had to do the grass. I do it to keep the peace and to keep them coming out with us before they get too old.
KDHfan X2 to what crunchman said here.

Somethings like toolbox, power tools, washing , cleaning, and waxing supplies stay in the back of my pickup truck.
I wash my rig a couple of times a year and wax it once a season.
Chances are if I dont have it my neighbors do and visa versa.
Our shed is like a jigsaw puzzle inside always full to the max.
No matter how much stuff we keep at the camp there's always something from home that's needed on the next trip.

The cg will mow but I would rather do it myself. If you seen how careless they mow you might understand.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 12-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #678

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Newbie question. Do all seasonal sites require that the renter maintain them? I have thought about a seasonal site just so I always had somewhere to go without worrying Bout availability, though I would never be there more than three weeks to a month at a time in a MH (drive in and drive out each stay).
Some of the seasonals at our place hire a landscape crew to mow during the week before they arrive for the weekend. Anything is possible when you throw a hand full of cash at it. Maybe an option for you?
Old 12-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #679

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Some RV Resorts do all the yard work. Some do not. You have to check when looking for a place for the season. We stayed three seasons at a very nice RV Resort that did everything including fertilizing and weed control, trimming edging and blowing off the clippings from the drive and patios.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 12-03-2016, 10:44 AM   #680

Our winter park does all the mowing. You do any trimming You can landscape but you are responsible for all care there.

Allowed to wash a car once a week (not something they monitor). You see people washing their RV's They expect you to power-wash your park models once a year. If any unit starts to look bad they will politely ask that you wash it. They have sent someone in to wash a couple. Not sure how that works but I sure the park didn't get stuck with the bill. Lol

End result is we have a beautiful clean park. Cost a bit more than the park down the street but I'm good with that.

Russell
Closed Thread