Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #201

We have the same issue especially in the spring and fall when school starts and we aren't here all the time. You take the pressure out of the system and bacteria will grow.Turn off water and remove hose. Then I add bleach to the fresh water hose as much as I can usually a few cups. Then reattach hose and turn water back on then go inside I usually go to the faucet furthest from the water inlet and run some hot then cold until you can smell bleach. Turn off water at tap then let set a few hours. Then turn water back on and flush your system out good untill you no longer have a bleach odor. I usually start with the hot because it takes longer for the hot water heater to get flushed out. I have tried several of the filters on the market and with the water pressure in our campground you can hardly have enough pressure to take a shower when they are in line. So this method works for me and I also use a sediment filter inline which hardly restricts water flow.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #202

Thanks for the info, that is kind of what I was thinking about doing. I have never even used my fresh water tank so I think I will give your method a shot and if that does not work, then I will try the fresh water tank trick. Everywhere I have read is to put in a quarter cup of bleach for every 15 gallons of water that your take holds so for me that a little under 3/4 a cup.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #203
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaxle View Post
We have the same issue especially in the spring and fall when school starts and we aren't here all the time. You take the pressure out of the system and bacteria will grow.Turn off water and remove hose. Then I add bleach to the fresh water hose as much as I can usually a few cups. Then reattach hose and turn water back on then go inside I usually go to the faucet furthest from the water inlet and run some hot then cold until you can smell bleach. Turn off water at tap then let set a few hours. Then turn water back on and flush your system out good untill you no longer have a bleach odor. I usually start with the hot because it takes longer for the hot water heater to get flushed out. I have tried several of the filters on the market and with the water pressure in our campground you can hardly have enough pressure to take a shower when they are in line. So this method works for me and I also use a sediment filter inline which hardly restricts water flow.
Not so intimidating after all! Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #204

We just signed the lease on our first seasonal site yesterday. We have quite a bit if work to do before its ready to go but should be up and running by Mid July.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1930883032.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	34336
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #205
MI Camperz

Congrats and enjoy! Please keep us posted with pictures of your progress.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #206
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat55 View Post
We just signed the lease on our first seasonal site yesterday. We have quite a bit if work to do before its ready to go but should be up and running by Mid July.
Looks like it is a great spot!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #207

Quote:
Congrats, nice looking site!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #208
MI Camperz

Well finally! Nice hot weather. Been boating, swimming, fishing, and being the camper bumbs we love to be! G.G. our new puppy loves to swim! That's good. I'll have to get some pics and post them soon. p.s. I, won the fishing tournament today. Biggest fish, most fish, and most species. Thanks daddy for teaching me how to fish.
House it going with everyone else?
Old 07-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #209

Quote:

Attachment 34336
Looks ready to go to me just needs a camper all the rest is window dressing and not necessary. It's all up from there I found out that I take my time setting up every spring I used to go all out and got it done in a day or two but now I take my time because life is short lol. I consider my lot a work in progress and since I rent it on a yearly basis I just make it comfortable for me and my guests. Looks like you have a nice site there I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #210

Its coming along. The first load of gravel is down and the camper is in!!!!! I'm still trying to decide if I want to add gravel to the right side. I like having a little grass, but it gets pretty swampy after heavy rain over there. Next weekend the shed and fire pit go in.

Name:	image-2648251708.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	36398
Old 07-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #211

Permanent site at Lake James NC.

Name:	image-2770893009.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	36404
Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #212
MI Camperz

Quote:
Its coming along. The first load of gravel is down and the camper is in!!!!! I'm still trying to decide if I want to add gravel to the right side. I like having a little grass, but it gets pretty swampy after heavy rain over there. Next weekend the shed and fire pit go in.

Attachment 36398
Nice job Bear Cat! You're lucky you get to use gravel. We're not allowed. Keep us posted on your progress. That sure is a nice long site you have.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #213
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgolf365 View Post
Permanent site at Lake James NC.

Attachment 36404
Nice setup. Good looking camper and shed. All together very awesome!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #214

Hi All,

Hi All,
Glad I found this thread. I was beginning to think that this type of camping was not covered on this forum. We just ordered a new 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage and put in for a site near us. Trailer should be ready mid to late September. We are hoping a site will be available by then so we can get set up and be ready for next seasons start. Hope the make this thread a sub forum so it has its own heading.
Todd
Old 08-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #215

Welcome Todd. Those CC Cottages are great for a seasonal site!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #216

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrboatfan View Post
Has anyone else had their water system start producing a bad odour. I have a 20 gallon hot water heater that is hard to drain so I put water to the system at the beginning of the year and do not drain the tank between visits and since I leave the trailer parked, I do not disconnect water lines. I do turn off the water before I leave. I did not have a problem last year at all. Now, I have a bad smell when we first turn the water on. I have read about sanitizing the fresh water system on the net which all basically say to fill the fresh water tank with a mixture of bleach and water and push through the system. My problem is my fresh tank is 40 gallons and I have a 20 gallon hot water heater so half will just go to my water heater. I guess i could fill the fresh tank twice. Should I try this method or has anyone just added bleach at their city water connection and flushing the system that way.
Hello, We have a branch line in our Golden falcon Park model for a washer. Have you flushed this out entirely? I found that some left over antifreeze started to cause a rotting smell mixing with the park chlorinated water. As well we removed the internal charcoal filter and just use 2 external 5 micron water filters to get rid if iron. The Charcoal filter was reacting with the chlorine and iron causing smells as well.

Brian
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
Old 08-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #217

Hey Todd. Welcome to the forum. We love our seasonal site. Normally it is April 1 to the end of October depending on the weather. Our site is 1 hour from our house so we are there a lot. We are on our 5th year now. Just upgraded to a FR Sierra 365SAQ Bunkhouse with bath and 1/2. We have a carport behind the RV to keep the toys under, boat, golf carts, jetski, etc and a storage building beside the RV where we have another frig. and other stuff. Have made some great friends at this location. Good luck,customize your site and have fun. By the way, great RV you have purchased. I have looked at them.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #218
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdelano View Post
Hi All,
Glad I found this thread. I was beginning to think that this type of camping was not covered on this forum. We just ordered a new 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage and put in for a site near us. Trailer should be ready mid to late September. We are hoping a site will be available by then so we can get set up and be ready for next seasons start. Hope the make this thread a sub forum so it has its own heading.
Todd
Nice! The Cedar Creeks are really beautiful! Keep us posted with pics of your new camper and site.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Welcome Todd. Those CC Cottages are great for a seasonal site!
Hi Wiscampsin,
Thanks, I thought our current class c was nice but the cottage is like a very nice house.
Todd
Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgolf365 View Post
Hey Todd. Welcome to the forum. We love our seasonal site. Normally it is April 1 to the end of October depending on the weather. Our site is 1 hour from our house so we are there a lot. We are on our 5th year now. Just upgraded to a FR Sierra 365SAQ Bunkhouse with bath and 1/2. We have a carport behind the RV to keep the toys under, boat, golf carts, jetski, etc and a storage building beside the RV where we have another frig. and other stuff. Have made some great friends at this location. Good luck,customize your site and have fun. By the way, great RV you have purchased. I have looked at them.
Hi fishgolf,
Our season will go from May 1 to Oct 15 and longer as long as the weather is good. This is what I would call an entertainment campground where there are several concerts thru the season (Pat Benetar up next and Charlie Daniels in September). Plus a big lake for swimming and boating.
Todd
Closed Thread