Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2016, 12:48 PM   #41
Retired Retail/Importer

Florida Parks

I'm sitting in the pavilion at Johnathan Dickinson State Park in Jupiter Beach...great location...will allow you to stay up to 2 weeks...11,000 acres full of bike trails, boat rentals,excursions to Trapper Nelson's old place..and we got close to two baby and then one 6 foot alligators in a pond..it's 84 here today...and they're plenty of sites available. I also booked into Blue Parrot for a month near Lady Lake close to The Villages.(free 9 hole par htree golf course on site along with Bible studies,billiards, and a heated pool+++..last one, but most have at least one cancellation...looking for Sarasota Feb 16th for 2-4 weeks..any suggestions? We're off to Neopolitan Cove in Naples tomorrow...great resort
pledbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pledbetter View Post
I'm sitting in the pavilion at Johnathan Dickinson State Park in Jupiter Beach...great location...will allow you to stay up to 2 weeks...11,000 acres full of bike trails, boat rentals,excursions to Trapper Nelson's old place..and we got close to two baby and then one 6 foot alligators in a pond..it's 84 here today...and they're plenty of sites available. I also booked into Blue Parrot for a month near Lady Lake close to The Villages.(free 9 hole par htree golf course on site along with Bible studies,billiards, and a heated pool+++..last one, but most have at least one cancellation...looking for Sarasota Feb 16th for 2-4 weeks..any suggestions? We're off to Neopolitan Cove in Naples tomorrow...great resort
We go to Sarasota every winter and always have reservations for the following year prior to departure. The only possibility for a CG in the area I'm aware of is at Sun N Fun. We will be there Jan and Feb. Good luck.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
We go to Sarasota every winter and always have reservations for the following year prior to departure. The only possibility for a CG in the area I'm aware of is at Sun N Fun. We will be there Jan and Feb. Good luck.
We've stayed at Sun N Fun for the past two years in March. Great place! Lots of things to do and close to the beaches.
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:50 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
We've stayed at Sun N Fun for the past two years in March. Great place! Lots of things to do and close to the beaches.
We live at the beach in NC so that is not a draw. There is a lot to do at the CG and around the area which is nice. The price ~~ is high. All CGs south of Orlando are priced high in winter. One can still find many at a much lower cost than S N F though. I know of some that have left after many years due to costs and they go up every year. With new owners now they will probably go up even more in order to recoup some of their investment. We looked a little last year and stayed but will be looking again this year to move on as well.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:51 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
The OP asked for suggestions about RV places from north to central Florida, but most of the ones mentioned here are in south Florida. I hope you can find a place for one month at this late date. Most places book up by fall, and many by the summer. State parks are also difficult to get in to. I love Williston Crossings RV Resort, as was suggested above. Suwannee River Rendezvous is decent, but very rural. Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine is very nice and on the Atlantic Ocean. There are no planned activities there, however. We are Florida residents working full time and get frustrated that we can't find places to camp when our weather is more pleasant in the winter. Good luck with finding a spot!

How are reservations for the summer in beach areas are they to hard to get?.
loly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:17 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by loly50 View Post
How are reservations for the summer in beach areas are they to hard to get?.
Not near as hard as winter and much less expensive. Too hot in southern FL... Places like Myrtle Beach fill up quickly as the temps are better.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #47

not tough to get summer reservations unless it is lobster season in the keys .... bugs keep many people far, far away ... if you want right on the beach you still need early reservations but a campground near the water is not tough to find.
Have summered near water @ St Augustine, Fort DeSoto, Gambel Rogers, Jetty Park & plenty of the springs ....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #48

In the $600 per month range I'd look in the Arcadia Florida area. Craig's, Toby's, lit Willies. -- none of those have a lot of extras. 1 HR from the beaches.

For probably double that price Cross Creek RV Resort north of Arcadia. Gated & lots of extras. Nice pool & club house.

Lit Charles in Wachulla might have some spots to. $600 per month I'd guess.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #49

FWIW, we are staying at the KOA SE Orlando at Lake Wippoorwill this week, and there are plenty of empty sites. This place is clean clean clean and the staff is terrific.
2023 GDRV Reflection 150 226RK
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #50

RV Parks Central Florida

Actually it used to be a fish camp but we like Parramore's Campground. It is very nice with paved sites and full hookups right on the pristine St John's River in the little town of Astor. It's also in the middle of the beautiful Ocala National Park in which lies the second largest lake in Florida called big Lake George. You can rent nice pontoon boats in town to cruise the river and the lake and there is a great restaurant in Astor on the river called The Blackwater Inn.
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote