Old 09-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #11

we have at least one State Park here in Louisiana, (Lake Fausse Point State Park that has all the pedestals and water connections on the WRONG side of the pad. Most of th etime it works to drag the cable and hose under the camper but everyonce in a while you need an extension cord.

I will bet you will purchase one "Just in case" when you get back home!

2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT Diesel
TST TPMS system w/ Flow-thru sensors
2001 Cougar 281 EFS (sold)
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 01:45 PM   #12

Happened to me once, at the Rally in Mt. Airy. Bill Plemmons RV sales had a booth set up there and loaned us an extension. Thanks Bill Plemmons!

Old 09-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
we have at least one State Park here in Louisiana, (Lake Fausse Point State Park that has all the pedestals and water connections on the WRONG side of the pad. Most of th etime it works to drag the cable and hose under the camper but everyonce in a while you need an extension cord.

He is home! Full timer.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
He is home! Full timer.

Heh, yep- I'm always home.

And I probably won't. As a stop gap, I can adapt down to 15amp and plug in with a heavy duty extension cord. That'll buy me enough time to find one to borrow or suck it up and actually buy one if I'm truly stuck. I've gone this long without, no sense in changing now.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:19 AM   #15

I like to park on a site where I want to. I am using power and sewer extensions right now.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:48 AM   #16
MCTroy

We attended our first FROG rally last spring. Arriving on Friday afternoon we were aware of a few folks watching as we backed the Windjammer on to our site. As usual, I watched for tree limbs and clearance of the side outs while taking to DH on our phones. I checked sewer and electric, or I thought I did. Got the WJ chocked and unhooked. I had laid out the electricric cord to check for length. Oops! Not enough cord to go up to the trailer! Just 6 inches short! No problem, I tell DH we will just use the heavy extension cord. Nope. He left it at home. Two mistakes: always bring the good 30 amp cord and always allow enough cord to plug in plus a foot or two. Met a very nice neighbor that allowed us to borrow his extension cord.
2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 6 nights and more reservations made!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #17

At the Goshen Frog rally in 2015, our site was along the chain link fence outside the North side of the track .... electric was a site to the west or ours, and the water was two sites to the east 'on the other side' of the fence. I had to push a hose thru the fence, go down to the track gate and back up the other side to connect the hose to the spigot. Used a 50' and 25' to connect.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Many times!
At the cg we are at this weekend we are allowed to park two units on one site, guy furthest from the pole better have serious cord! Lol

We camp a lot of county parks that split one pedestal for two rigs, depending on the sites sharing one need a lot more cord then the other.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
I use 100 ft regular at Provincial Parks. No electric water heater on these runs just enough for the AC. I carry 135 ft. Oh yes 13 inches for the surge suppressor...
Old 09-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #19

Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings "Two is one, one is none". Have had to use my extension a few times, including sites with the pedestal and water on the wrong side. Most campgrounds in Maine are not concrete pads, not always level, although there are a few in southern Maine. A quality 50A or 30A extension is expensive to not really need it, so can understand your hesitation to purchase.

Days camping previous years: Not Enough
Days camping in 2017: Still Not Enough
MaineCampingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
I use 100 ft regular at Provincial Parks. No electric water heater on these runs just enough for the AC. I carry 135 ft. Oh yes 13 inches for the surge suppressor...
We carry the same for Ontario parks - two 50' cords. We often have to use one extension and occasionally both.

illegitimi non carborundum
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote