Old 09-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #31
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
I eat what ever my sweetie makes on our Big Green Egg!!!!

Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #32
Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
We used to enjoy exploring local restaurants while traveling, but unfortunately my wife developed several food allergies a few years ago. Almost all restaurants are now off limits for us.

My wife is a Registered Dietitian, and a habitual planner. Our meals are always planned and usually similar to what we eat at home, but with an emphasis on quick/easy with minimal cleanup...especially if not camping with full hookups. We usually use the slow cooker/crock pot once or twice during a trip. Come back from a day of fun, and dinner is already done! She also likes to make "foil packs" before we head out from home (foil meal is similar to a kabob, but without a stick and wrapped/cooked in foil). Pull from the freezer and throw on the grill...yum! And the last idea I have to wife loves bacon (me not so much), we found a bacon cooker for the microwave at does a fine job of cooking bacon and is relatively easy to clean up.

'04 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CCSB, D/A, MaxBrake, B&W Companion, Retrax Pro, AR Power Steps
2013 Rockwood 8289WS w/Diamond pkg
1969 Camaro RS/SS Convertible
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #33
Engineer of Crazy Train
All depends on the time we check in. Lots of variables. Anywhere from picking up something Ready to Eat, to leftovers in the nuker, to burgers on the grill. 1st night is usually quick grub night, just like last morning is quick breakfast morning.
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Almost all of our meals are grilled!
Or made on the grill!

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #35
On check in day we always have hobo dinners. Some type of meat (hamburger paddy, sausage paddy, smoked sausage,pork chops or chicken) veggies and sliced onion. Layer and wrap in aluminum foil and put on the grill, 1/2 hour per side. We always make these at home so there is very little work at the camp site. Leaving tomorrow for a few days and look forward to my hobo dinner.
roudy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #36
We got tired of restaurants when we traveled by flying or motorcycle. So I cook the same kind of thing we eat when home. As mentioned by others, we do cook in the fire ring when available using lump charcoal, because the wood in these parts in not like the oak in Wisconsin. The real exception to the not eating out is when we go back to Wisconsin because they cannot make a really good pizza to save there souls here in New Mexico. (Now the pizza thing os only my opinion, it's what I grew up with and that always tastes better)
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Duramax and Allison 6 speed
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #37
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1413038209.442310.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	789.1 KB
ID:	64557
I have three brothers all seasonal at our campground. There families and mine. We have an out door griddle and smoker and use it to its full advantage. Brisket to fajitas. We eat very well lol. Breakfast in the morning every one brings a little something and have a huge breakfast.

Life is a highway!!!!!
jimdd810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:47 AM   #38
I cheat. I have freeze-dried foodstuffs (Wise Foods) for really quick meals....just boil water, add to envelope, and
The rest of the time, I use my combo grill for just about everything. I also have both an electric skillet and a crock pot. Anything that I would make at home, I can make while camping.
~ Mich(elle)
TV: 2006 Chevy Trail Blazer - named: Come On
RV: 2014 Rpod 172t (expandable) - named: MyPod
Michboch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:16 AM   #39
We put food is seal a meal vacuum bags and just heat them in boiling water. Also my wife makes hobo packs a meal in foil that either I throw in the fire or on the grill and it's ready. I like the seal a meal being it comes out just as fine as the original. Talk about easy clean up...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:21 AM   #40
One thing I haven't seen here is "Omelettes in a Bag". Great, easy way to make Omelettes. We camp with friends a lot and everyone brings some fixings to the table and we all build our own. Great Breakfast!

Darren, Donna & The Wieners
Toad Haul is offline   Reply With Quote