Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #41

Friday night- pre-pulled Boston Butt (Thursday all day in crock pot, pulled, refrigerated) Re-heat in microwave and slap on buns with BBQ sauce.
Saturday night- We love doing a shrimp boil in our crab pot. Red potatoes in first with lots of Old Bay, then add frozen or fresh niblet corn then add shrimp for the last 6-8 minutes. SOOOO good and easy!
dndnva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:24 AM   #42
The Busted Wrench

First off let me say that I cook 90% of what we eat over the campfire or in my smoker.

Depends on the length of the drive but usually Friday night arrival doesn't leave much more time than just some brats or burgers over the fire before I just want my cooler full of cold beer and my comfy camp chair.

Saturday morning my girl is usually on breakfast duty which is usually just your typical breakfast food on the griddle.

If I'm smoking something for dinner, I'm usually getting the smoker going and meat on while breakfast is being made.

Lunch on Saturday ranges anywhere from some hobo pies (or my world famous version called Guido pies) or sammiches.

Then dinner Saturday is either some smoked goodness off the smoker or red meat cooked over the campfire.

Sunday morning we usually eat some leftovers for breakfast or just have coffee before packing up early and going home.
ChevyTech77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #43

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I am really thinking of packing our smoker for camp now,need to reevaluate our loading of stuff. We have BBQ, cast iron for fire cooking, electric griddle and slow cooker. A rice cooker is used often, inexpensive walmart purchase. With only 2 of us It sometimes seems like a lot to haul around but we have lots of time to cook fun foods. Dinner is Steak/ Pork Chops/ Mennonite Sausage/ Chicken/ Stew/ pulled pork/ pig tails/ more chicken etc With steamed veggies. rice, potatoes, salad. Breakfast is cooked outside usually bacon/sausage pancakes or waffles, home fries. Sammy for lunch, maybe soup if its cold,
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #44

I cook on the grill the same as if I was at home.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:53 PM   #45

Breakfast: bacon, bacon, bacon and eggs fries in bacon.
Lunch: sandwich and chips.
Dinner: this is where I cut loose. 2 of my favorites that I have done. 1) grilled lobster and corn on the cob.
2) a 5.5 pound pork loin, sliced and stuffed with apple slices, wrapped in bacon, buttered, seasoned, and wrapped in foil.
Cooked over charcoal for 6 hours.
Melt in your mouth. Mixed leftovers with BBQ sauce for sandwiches the next day.

2015 Sunseeker 3010ds
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
Breakfast: bacon, bacon, bacon and eggs fries in bacon.
Lunch: sandwich and chips.
Dinner: this is where I cut loose. 2 of my favorites that I have done. 1) grilled lobster and corn on the cob.
2) a 5.5 pound pork loin, sliced and stuffed with apple slices, wrapped in bacon, buttered, seasoned, and wrapped in foil.
Cooked over charcoal for 6 hours.
Melt in your mouth. Mixed leftovers with BBQ sauce for sandwiches the next day.
Love your Menu but it would kill me for breakfast, but what time is dinner?.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:45 AM   #47

On the first day in we usually shop at a grocery store to round out the groceries that we didn't bring, before we get into the camp site. The 1st evening meal will be a frozen hungry man frozen dinner to make it easy on the cook. We boon dock so it's a bit more setting up than at a regular campgrounds, plus it's a 5 hour drive. So set up, a couple of manly drinks, some rest along with that, maybe some wood cutting for the fire, go and get the fire ring from a friend who lives in the area. From then it's BBQ time mostly. Pork chops, steak, burgers, hot dogs etc. We don't do weekends anymore. It's at least 10 days long.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #48

Usually I cook right before and pack it in the freezer or frig so we just have to heat up. Otherwise it's on the grill! Hubby has to be gluten free, we have to research where to eat.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
schnauzer mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #49

We generally camp with several friends when we go. Friday nights are always steak with the trimmings. Saturday breakfast is sausage/ bacon, hot cakes, hash brown potatoes, and beverage. Saturday lunch is cold salads and sandwiches and chips. Saturday night is a pot luck dinner from all the couples. Sunday is usually leftovers before we go home. We usually have a centralized lot with an 18 x20 canopy shelter erected to socialize and eat under.
dkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #50

Anything we have at home would be available at the campground. I am cooking on the grill or smoker at least 5 days a week at home and all breakfasts and dinners while camping would be similar. Lunches usually sandwiches and salads and chips
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:32 PM   #51

Ribs chicken surf turf blooming onions fries beer
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #52

We find we can fix anything while camping that we can fix at home. While camping we want to spend more time out of the kitchen. We usually choose to fix simple meals that require less prep and clean up. Fajitas fixed in a foil bag over the camp fire is a great dinner with little clean up and can be prepped at home. Breakfast is often bagels and sandwiches for lunch. We both like to cook and I use cast iron sometimes. We fixed a spiral ham in a DO once when our camp stove wouldn't light. Anything is possible.
1beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote