Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #61
Anacortesians

Being retired, we didn't "do" weekends unless we're away for more than a week. We don't have the RV anymore, but our typical trip was to leave home around noon on Sunday, drive for maybe four hours and arrive at the CG just as all the folks who still worked for a living were leaving. We'd head for home Saturday mid-afternoon, just as all those with rug-rats were starting to arrive.

On longer trips, we'd stay at the camp-site from Friday afternoon through Sunday noon-ish, then move on.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:14 AM   #62

I prefer 2-3 hour drives when travelling with the TT for a weekend. But last weekend went 4 to Mackinac Bridge area. Was brutal, but so worth it.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:44 AM   #63

Our races are anywhere from 2.5 hours one way all the way to 5 hours one way. We leave sometime Saturday and come home Sunday evening. Usually get home around 11:00 - 12:00 Sunday night.

Do that 14 times per year. We love the sport but it gets old at times with all that driving.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #64
Site Team

This question can get a wide range of answers. I'm not retired and time is a big factor especially since I am a solo RVer. Weekend trips I like to stay in the hour or less range, usually within 30 minutes.

Now if I were younger my answer would likely be different.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote