Old 06-15-2015, 03:56 PM   #11
Must have been a full moon weekend somewhere. We spent 3 nights on Guntersville Lake, AL this weekend. The camper next to us had his TV in our site. Did not seem all to happy about having to move it. Then parked his tv so that rear was hanging over our site about 2 feet. I parked 2 feet over the pad to get our slides out. I heard him complaining that our tt was blocking his passenger side so he had to back out to get in that side. Bad me was wishing it was the drivers side of his almost new truck. Fortunately he left after 1 night and a much camper friendly family moved in.

Marriot2 on Wheels 2017 Flagstaff Classic 832 OKBS
2013 GMC Denali 6.6L 2500 HD DMAX w\Alison Trans
Pepper Pomeranian rescue 101 days as camping buddy
Days camped in FR, 2011 = 20, 2012 = 57, 2013 = 59
... 2014 = 39, 2015 = 52, 2016 = 68, 3 more planned
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #12
Ask for pull thru sites. Problem solved.

dunk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:48 PM   #13
Originally Posted by dunk05 View Post
Ask for pull thru sites. Problem solved.
Not always, I just read this on Facebook today:
We stayed at Lazy J, and it was nearly impossible to park our 42' 5er. To get into our "pull-through" we first almost hit a car parked in the narrow road, then ended up having to pull beyond it, luckily the back in spot across was unoccupied, backed in and then were able to pull forward to squeeze into our spot. If the site in the other side had been occupied when we left I'm not sure we could have gotten out. It's a sardine parking lot with a beautiful view.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:05 PM   #14
Have you ever seen the old movie starring Luci and Desi called "The Long Long Trailer"??? one of the funniest ever. In one scene, her family is all telling him how to park and he ends up ripping off part of the roof of the house.

We just had our first outing with the Coachmen Chaparral 360IBL which is 40' with 4 slides and we had a similar experience, both parking at two campsites and at reparking at the storage facility that week. Got a lot to learn and we are learning...
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360 IBL
2014 Ram 3500 Turbo Diesel 6.7 4wd Crew Cab Dually
scootingranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:18 PM   #15
Site Team
Originally Posted by Harkerr View Post
A 40 foot with 4 slides is going to have problems in many campgrounds. Need to check in advance with manager and get a site assigned known to work.
I am well aware there are places I won't fit so, yes we double check. I not only told him the length 3 times, I asked him if I would have any trouble navigating the campground. He said the only trouble would be if I needed to make a left into the campground. I do know we checked out honey bear campground while we were in the area and they were even smaller spots lengthwise as well as a very tight twisting mountain road up to the campground. We lived and learned and made it work.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #16
That is exactly the reason my DW and I camp at Ocean Breeze Family RV Park and Campground near Holden Beach NC. Five minutes from the beach. The sites are 40 ft wide and 70 feet deep. They have a brand new swimming pool and their rates are much lower than the CGs in and near Myrtle Beach, SC which is about 30 minutes south on US 17.

Using Tapatalk
robert.beck.7737 is offline   Reply With Quote