Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #1

1st Time RVer looking at Flagstaff 26FKSS

Brand new RVer and we are looking at getting a 2012 Flagstaff 26FKSS. Just my wife and I so I think we would be happy with trailer size. I have a Nissan Titan with 7,400 towing capacity. Any recomendations on sway control hitch brands or any other words of wisdom?
mwhittak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #2

Sorry for the late post. I am loving my 26FKSS (2011). I too have a Nissan Titan (pro4x) and it tows the travel trailer (TT) perfectly. I have a equalizer and sway attachment but I dont really need it cuz the TT is balanced really well. The V8 is powerful but the tow button really doesn't do much but make it stay in a particular gear a bit longer when shifting.
leostizines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. We picked up our 2012 26FKWS (they added a wardrobe slide in master bedroom for 2012 model so they changed model # from 26FKSS - 26FKWS) back in Nov and got to camp in it once before I winterized it and we loved it. I did a lot of research and I went with the Equalizer hitch also and was very happy with it once I set it up correctly (the rv dealer had it completely wrong). No problem with power, yea the tow hual just makes it shift at a higher RPM to give you more tourque. It's also usefull if you have alot of changes in terrain (it helps keep the tranny from downshifting and the tourque converter from locking and unlocking which keeps the tranny temp down) I don't use it on the highway if it is not downshifting. Do you have a transmiison temp guage on your Titan? I do no and I am looking for best way to add one. I am thinking about buying a ScanGaugeII but not sure if it can read the Titan Tranny temp via the OBDCII connector?

Can't wait for spring have several reservations already lined up.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #4

We took delivery of a 2012 Rockwood 2608WS (twin to 26FKWS) and really like it. Spent six weeks in it while "snow birding" in Florida. Have you had any problem with "stablizing" it? Ours did a lot of rocking and we had a third set of scissor jacks under the trailer. Thanks for any input you may have.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #5

We only got to use it the night we picked it up before we had to winterize it. Yes we did notice a little bit of movement and I also purchased a 3rd set of scizzor jacks for my trailer. Mostly because the 2 rear jacks hung over the end of my retaining wall at my house so I could not put them down, so I moved them forward about 4 -5 feet to the other existing brackets under the trailer. I have not put them on yet but I assume they will help, I also picked up a set of 4 light weight jack stands with a center leveling post at walmart that stack together nicely. I may try using 2 of them (1 on each side) just in front of the axles to stabalize even more. If I use them I will have an 8 points of support approximately equally spaced instead of just the 4 outside corners. We have our 1st camping trip coming up in about 3 or 4 weeks so time will tell. Can't wait to take the trailer out and really get to use it.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Tac View Post
Have you had any problem with "stablizing" it? Ours did a lot of rocking and we had a third set of scissor jacks under the trailer.
Not to hijack the thread but the SteadyFast stabilizers are very good at reducing camper shake. Other brands out there too...I think they all do a good job.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
jbk

Our 26FKWS was ordered with the power stabilizer jacks and they have a slightly different placement on the frame than the scissor jacks. On our first camping trip the week of Thanksgiving, the stabilizer jacks and a pair of deluxe chock locks from Camping World kept us stable. Of course we moved up from a pretty shaky single axle 17 footer, so anything feels more stable! Love the floor plan and can't wait for Spring Break!
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote