Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #1

2003 Salem LE Bunkhouse ???

We just bought a 28 foot Salem LE Bunkhouse Basement model 5th wheel for 5K. It's our first camper, I know that it is a "lesser model" but it has all the upgrades (tile, wood cabinents, super slide, new tires with warranty). I found a spot that I somehow overlooked in the bunkbeds approx 1 foot by 1 foot down near the foot of the bottom mattress.
Since I found the spot I combed over the camper and don't see any leaks. We have had rain for two days and there is no water anywhere nor is the wall wet in any way. I am assuming it was a leak caused by not keeping up on the caulking and it was fixed on the outside, just not the inside.
From the outside of the camper there is no damage, no soft spots, no missing caulk...
My question is getting this for 5k still seems like a good deal to me, thoughts? I am planning on finishing out this season with the kids then tearing into the wall to see what's hiding.
What makes me nervous is I have heard - no big deal easy to fix and then on the other side OH MY RUUUN!! Maybe I am delusional but I think it can be fixed pretty cheap with a little labor? Does anyone have any experience with this?
padoll49931 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunkhouse, salem