Old 11-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #1

2012 Sandpiper 365 SAQ

We have been going back and forth with a dealer on Sandpipers and have gotten a pretty good offer. Please let us know what you think. $35,000 for a 2012 Sandpiper 365 saq with the dark front cap and dark graphics on the sides. Options include
12V deep cycle battery
Kahlua Interior with leather arm sofa and dinette
King bed with serta dreamscape mattress,surround sound,am/fm dvd,
Solid surface countertops,hide a bed w/ air mattress,
All weather exterior kitchen
jack knife sofa w/hinged bunk in bunk room
2nd A/C
No Carpet
Dealer prep
Water filtration system
Aluminum wheels 16" with equaflex suspension
side fridge
ceiling fan
fantastic fan
central vac,docking station
touch screen,etc.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #2

I'm guessing you've already done some shopping around? Its a good price if you feel it is. Just remember you will always find a better deal AFTER you've made one. Do what you feel comfortable with.
I usually send out a request for quote to 5-10 dealerships via e mail and see where everyone comes in at. That way I'm comparing apples to apples and we negociate after I've got it down to 2-3 dealers.
Local service is a big plus to me, especially during warranty period.

Best of luck.

Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #3

local service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodog View Post
I'm guessing you've already done some shopping around? Its a good price if you feel it is. Just remember you will always find a better deal AFTER you've made one. Do what you feel comfortable with.
I usually send out a request for quote to 5-10 dealerships via e mail and see where everyone comes in at. That way I'm comparing apples to apples and we negociate after I've got it down to 2-3 dealers.
Local service is a big plus to me, especially during warranty period.

Best of luck.
I have shopped around and this is from RV wholesalers. Local service would be nice but your not going to get it around here unless you pay 4-6 thousand more for your camper. To me that means I'm paying for their "superior" service. I was quoted 7 thousand more on an Open Range from my local dealer. If anybody has any experience with RV wholesalers please chime in and let me know how they deal.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #4

RV Wholesalers-Lakeview, Ohio

Reviews of RVW can be found here. I think they have some of the best prices IMHO.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #5

365 saq

After wheeling and dealing I finallly got the local dealer to "sell one cheaper than he ever had to anybody."(I don't believe him) I have looked at build sheets and camper invoices for the last month from different dealers.( I didnt beleive these were the original invoices either) I think I got a good deal on my camper considering all the leg work and research done. I found in dealing with my local dealer at first things weren't going to work out. I also found that when you let the dealer know that you are very serious about buying then they will sit down and work with you. Thanks to the internet these dealers have people calling constantly and working out deals only to not buy or buy "somewhere a little cheaper." Counting fuel,food,and lodging I could have not gone to RVW and bought my camper any cheaper with the added options plus new Adco cover my local dealer gave me. Special ordered our unit with every option we wanted walked in to finance office and bought with no-money down. Transaction took about 15 minutes.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #6

Little late on the reply but here it is. I experienced a similar situation. We added the party couch, kids bathroom exhaust, fireplace, jackknife bed on driverside in kids room, and no outside kitchen. Ended up getting to within 200 of the out of state wholesalers without hardly trying. Bought 45 minutes from our house. Great salesman. Jason at Coates in Mn.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #7

My family and I just signed our documents to purchase a 2012 Sandpiper Select 32QBBS from RVWholesalers. We are in Massachusetts and are driving out (880 miles) on March 12th to take delivery.

So far, our experience has been great! very accomodating on the whole process.

Even with the options we added they were still $5600 cheaper than our local dealer. And, we got them to install 2 slideout awnings for only $400, less than half of what the local dealer wanted. They were going to deliver it for around $1200, but I think it is better for us to go there and go over the unit completely before we leave with it.

So far, nothing but kudos to the whole RVW staff... I'll update in March to let you know how the final delivery turned out.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #8

365 saq

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Cowbell View Post
My family and I just signed our documents to purchase a 2012 Sandpiper Select 32QBBS from RVWholesalers. We are in Massachusetts and are driving out (880 miles) on March 12th to take delivery.

So far, our experience has been great! very accomodating on the whole process.

Even with the options we added they were still $5600 cheaper than our local dealer. And, we got them to install 2 slideout awnings for only $400, less than half of what the local dealer wanted. They were going to deliver it for around $1200, but I think it is better for us to go there and go over the unit completely before we leave with it.

So far, nothing but kudos to the whole RVW staff... I'll update in March to let you know how the final delivery turned out.
We just got home with our 365 SAQ Sandpiper. We also looked very hard at RV wholesalers. We actually bought from local dealer. He got very close to RV wholesalers price and now I have the local dealer for service. We couldn't have went to RV wholesalers and pick our camper up for the difference. Food,fuel,couple of nights stay,etc. Overall very happy with our camper. Its very big and roomy.Also I loved the slide awnings.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #9

any pics of it?
muzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #10

It sounds to me like you worked a great deal on your Sandpiper. I hope you have many years of enjoyment from it.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365 saq