Old 06-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #11

Same thing here.. many issues from the factory.. all approved for warranty but parts seem to take 6-12 weeks to come in. I have it home and using it until all the parts come in.. then it will go in for 2 weeks to have everything done and will take it home.

No reason to let it sit there if everything major is functional. It is noted on what is wrong, even if it gets worse, it is documented so it will be fixed.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #12

When shopping for TT's last year, we set our budget @ $20K... For the same floor plan we could either purchase a new Cherokee w/2 year warranty or a used Prime Time with no warranty - both made by FR... After spending 2 hours in the Cherokee & 2 hours in the (2 year-old) Prime Time, we chose the used PT product... I literally took a flashlight behind every access panel to compare workmanship...

That said, all of the entry-level FR products we looked at appeared better built than similarly priced Thor products (Keystone, etc.). So, for the price, the Cherokee is better quality than other entry-level TT's but your dealer will need to finish building it sometime before the warranty expires...

2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #13

274rk cherokee

Just sayin

We traded in our 2014 solaire 226rbk with little issues for our aluminum sided 2016 274rk. So far after three weekend getaways both sides of the trailer (the siding ) have 4 ft seam sections bulging out from poor installation....three feet of the slide gasket come away in a torrential rainstorm when extending the slide as it was installed to tight..The top slide gasket looks to be a little to short where the side seals run up
.Our dealer is closing shop in December but I am confident he will repair the seal...and "maybe" the siding issue before then. FR claims if our dealer cant they will pay to have it sent back to the plant and repaired / returned ?
Thats a long haul from where we are. The small issues--- leaking cold water line to the hw water heater ( thumb tightened that )... a glass stove top that wouldnt close ( forced the bent hinges back) an oven that wouldnt stay lit ( redirected the pilot )
EASY fixes for me and all done without an issue .
Our main concern is the siding ....and the gasket ....the rest is small stuff
The layout of this trailer is awesome and we hope to have it for many years and it tows great.
Oh and ....watch your head above the lazy boys where the lower moulding comes to a corner...ouch !
Old 08-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameee View Post
Just sayin

We traded in our 2014 solaire 226rbk with little issues for our aluminum sided 2016 274rk. So far after three weekend getaways both sides of the trailer (the siding ) have 4 ft seam sections bulging out from poor installation....three feet of the slide gasket come away in a torrential rainstorm when extending the slide as it was installed to tight..The top slide gasket looks to be a little to short where the side seals run up

.Our dealer is closing shop in December but I am confident he will repair the seal...and "maybe" the siding issue before then. FR claims if our dealer cant they will pay to have it sent back to the plant and repaired / returned ?

Thats a long haul from where we are. The small issues--- leaking cold water line to the hw water heater ( thumb tightened that )... a glass stove top that wouldnt close ( forced the bent hinges back) an oven that wouldnt stay lit ( redirected the pilot )

EASY fixes for me and all done without an issue .

Our main concern is the siding ....and the gasket ....the rest is small stuff

The layout of this trailer is awesome and we hope to have it for many years and it tows great.

Oh and ....watch your head above the lazy boys where the lower moulding comes to a corner...ouch !

If your dealer goes out of business then take camper to another dealer that sells Forest River products and let them fix it, I take my camper to Camping World and they fix it and Cedar Creek pays for it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee