Old 05-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #1

2016 Flagstaff 206LTD price point

Any idea of what price I should be shooting for?
They are asking $6999 plus $495 Doc fee and $495 dealer prep.
I know I should be able to get those talked down, but what should my bottom line be.
This is in NC.

Thanks

drvred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #2

Just bought a new one

Just bought a 2018 206LTD. Documentation fee $150. No dealer prep charge. Sticker price was $8333. That included ac prep, 3 way fridge, electric brakes, 20K furnace, ltd package and freight. Added air for another $845. All told paid right at $7500 for it.

Not sure who your dealer is but I priced one at that big national outfit with World in it's name. YIKES!!! Same thing was gonna run me about $2500 higher by the time they piled fees back on.

Iowa Frogfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #3

Wild guess

Went looking online. Based on your location, is that the used 2016 at CW in Colfax? If so it looks nice. FYI my new 206LTD has a dealer cost of $5770, not including freight. I would guess that the one you are looking at was about the same.

If I were shopping for it I would first get that dealer prep removed. Cleaning up a unit to resell is just part of the business.

And those document fees are high too.

Bottom line is I would shoot a lowball bid at 5 grand and work for something between 570 and 6 grand.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:40 PM   #4

Thanks, did the $5770 include the AC?
And is that price I should shoot for total, or just camper?
He already hinted the prep could go away.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #5

Dealer cost

No. The air is a dealer install item. Guessing the labor and parts cost would be about $600 more.

If the dealer would be willing to drop the prep charge I would take it for total of camper/tax/title fees of $6000. That's why I suggested a low ball and let them come down and you inch up to a happy medium.

AND NO EXTENDED WARRANTY/SERVICE CONTRACT. (sorry for yelling but they will try their best to gouge you for another couple thousand dollars for one of those. On my new unit they spent as much time trying to get me to buy the service contract as it did to do the other paperwork and run my credit.)

Good Luck!!! Hope you get it.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #6

Thanks again, that's what I will try for, I have an old pop up, so I am not desperate.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:39 PM   #7

Same thing here. Was actually looking for something a little more substantial but limited by my tow vehicle. Have a 1990 Coleman Roanoke. 8 foot box. Have dragged the darn thing all over the country (including Charlotte for the races). It's beginning to show it's age, much like I am, so decided that it would be best to get something that would be more reliable.

And that queen bed in the 206 is a real plus for the two of us. Bought a .7 cf microwave and a 19" LCD tv to flesh it out. Thinking about getting pop-up gizmos (thermal blankets to go over the beds) for it too.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:39 PM   #8

The good news is, if I get it, full coverage from Nationwide is only $110 a year
Old 05-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #9

A set of PUGs is definitely in the future of whatever I end up with.
Had the Mesa out last weekend, set of in the middle of a parking lot at the racetrack. Daytime temps in the low 90s and the AC couldn't keep up during the day.
It will freeze you at night though.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:37 PM   #10

Iowa Frogfarmer, is your axle mounted above or below the springs on your 206?
I believe the one I bought sits way higher than the pictures I can find on the internet

Tags
flagstaff