Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #1

2nd year warranty

I just wanted to say thank for all the good info I have received on this forum. I am a new owner of a silverback 29re, and read on this forum about extended warranties. I just purchased the 2nd year from Forest River. I would have not known anything about it if it had not been from here. My dealer knew nothing about it. I had to call Forest River directly and they told me it was no longer $150.00 but it has gone up to $250.00. I went ahead and got it anyway. People at Forest River tell me the cost of all the high dollar equipment has caused the price to go up. Must send in paperwork and payment less than 10 days after delivery. Anyone that is going to purchase a new forest river product and would like to purchase the 2nd year warranty, be aware.
Eastbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #2

When I settled on our Georgetown 378 because Ford has the drive train for 60 months, we did decide to cover the coach and every appliance for a total of five years. Mostly my concern was for leaks and air conditioning repairs.
The price of the generator itself was worth it to be carefree IMHO.
I believe it came to about $2300 for every thing and any Route 66 dealer refunds 66 bucks off the $200 deductible.
Each of us has to make their own call financially and how mechanically inclines they are.
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Alan JS is offline   Reply With Quote