Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #1

2nd year warranty

Questioning whether this was a good move or not. 1 e-mail and 3 phone calls and no response. I think the only reason rep (I'll leave his name out for now) even responded to me at all is because I sent the e-mail to someone else and they must have past it along. We only have a few months left on the warranty and would really like to get it fixed. Has anyone had any luck with someone else? We have a 2012 Silverback
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmswms View Post
Questioning whether this was a good move or not. 1 e-mail and 3 phone calls and no response. I think the only reason rep (I'll leave his name out for now) even responded to me at all is because I sent the e-mail to someone else and they must have past it along. We only have a few months left on the warranty and would really like to get it fixed. Has anyone had any luck with someone else? We have a 2012 Silverback
Your question is very challenging as you provided very few clues. So here is my best guess for an answer: The east territory warranty administrator is Danette Ray. Her phone number is 260-593-2425 and her email address is dray@forestriverinc.com. I say this based on the following assumptions: You live in Illinois. Your warranty is from Forest River. You have been trying to contact Cedar Creek and not your servicing dealership. You refer to the rep as a male. I have used my warranty twice in the second year and have received nothing but first class customer service. Hope this helps and you get your undisclosed issue taken care of.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #3

In the past we had numerous problems with the tires on the TT we purchased new and after a 3 sets of tires in warranty, a (truck) trailer alignment shop found that the axles were out of alignment and could not be brought in.

Seems the spindles were welded improperly onto the axle tubes by the supplier that Forest River uses. While that problem was diagnosed just after the 2 year warranty, Forest River provided new axles and wheels with tires, as well as wheel balancing and axle alignment. We are happy travelers - not campers - it is a travel trailer not a camper;-)
L E E
Quote: Be Persistent and Determined ! L E E 2013
L E E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #4

2nd yr warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Your question is very challenging as you provided very few clues. So here is my best guess for an answer: The east territory warranty administrator is Danette Ray. Her phone number is 260-593-2425 and her email address is dray@forestriverinc.com. I say this based on the following assumptions: You live in Illinois. Your warranty is from Forest River. You have been trying to contact Cedar Creek and not your servicing dealership. You refer to the rep as a male. I have used my warranty twice in the second year and have received nothing but first class customer service. Hope this helps and you get your undisclosed issue taken care of.
We bought the 2nd year warranty from Forest River that's why I contacted them. The roof on one the slide outs was "repaired" by the dealer. We noticed in putting away the camper for the winter that the membrane had bubbled up again and the new membrane was curling up along the edges of the seal-its like they didn't put it far enough under the seal to ever prevent water damage (I sent Forest River pictures a week or so)Then we have the issue of glue I'm assuming is from the original replacement smeared along the slide out. Then we had an older tv we used in the bedroom that got horrible reception-I assumed (I know what it means) that it was the tv itself. During the world series we took it outside and hooked it up to the outside connection and it works fine-cable issue. Front lights on nose don't work any more, freezer freezing up-Couple more things since 1st yr warranty expired but not in front of me right now. Only time I get response from Jeff is when I send an e-mail to a different contact person-then I get a almost immediately-not that it does any good. Jeff wants me to verify his phone number but I think when his voice mail asks me to leave the last 4 digits of my VIN I have the right number. Long story short have not heard a thing from him since I sent the picture. Says he wants to talk to the dealer who repaired the roof since they were paid for it. How long does a phone call take? But in the last call he did indicate all the problems aren't covered anyhow. Disappointed -yep !!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmswms View Post
We bought the 2nd year warranty from Forest River that's why I contacted them. The roof on one the slide outs was "repaired" by the dealer. We noticed in putting away the camper for the winter that the membrane had bubbled up again and the new membrane was curling up along the edges of the seal-its like they didn't put it far enough under the seal to ever prevent water damage (I sent Forest River pictures a week or so)Then we have the issue of glue I'm assuming is from the original replacement smeared along the slide out. Then we had an older tv we used in the bedroom that got horrible reception-I assumed (I know what it means) that it was the tv itself. During the world series we took it outside and hooked it up to the outside connection and it works fine-cable issue. Front lights on nose don't work any more, freezer freezing up-Couple more things since 1st yr warranty expired but not in front of me right now. Only time I get response from Jeff is when I send an e-mail to a different contact person-then I get a almost immediately-not that it does any good. Jeff wants me to verify his phone number but I think when his voice mail asks me to leave the last 4 digits of my VIN I have the right number. Long story short have not heard a thing from him since I sent the picture. Says he wants to talk to the dealer who repaired the roof since they were paid for it. How long does a phone call take? But in the last call he did indicate all the problems aren't covered anyhow. Disappointed -yep !!
Sorry, I must be missing your point. I thought you wanted a contact at Cedar Creek that could help you with your issue(s) which is the information I offered.
If you did not attempt to contact her and are having the same issue in your OP then I doubt I can help so Ill drop out if this thread now.
Good Luck
Old 12-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #6

2nd yr warranty

Just voicing my frustration more so than anything. This Jeff person is my contact and not getting very far with him.

Tags
warranty