Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2010, 05:07 AM   #1

A decision had to be made.

We have been having issues with our 2006 8314ss Rock Wood ever since the warranty was up. We bought it new in the beginning of the model year. I have made most of the repairs myself and re-engineered a few things, Walls cracking within the slide out, apparently water leaks have appeared from somewhere with out notice or signs of a problem and has damaged three of the main exterior walls (bubbles) which I have posted pic and that is just to name a few. The good thing is that my camper is paid for so I am not stuck with have to deal with a bank and loosing more money with financing.
I have not had any estimates on replacing walls and the cost to repair cause of the problems as of yet.
We have been doing a lot of thinking about buying a new camper, but we got cold feet over this, we had to ask ourselves, why should we go out and spend even more money on a new rig and end up with more of the same problems and I can see that not a lot has changed based on some of threads on this forum where members have bought new camper or newer campers then mine, so we gave up our seasonal site and I toke our camper home so that I can decide on what to do with it.
The two pic is what we gave up after two years.
We came across an opportunity, we were able to buy a park model in the same campground for just $4000.00 an it included everything, It is 12'x35' Log Loft Cabin. I check it out completely and it is a 1996 model and it is in better shape then my camper.

One thing I would like to make very clear, I am not trying to destroy or make any accusations against the Forest River's name It's just my bad luck, but in my mined no matter what you buy pay very close attention to your rig.
I take care of everything that I own just like most people, so there is no negligence on my part. We all work hard for the money we make so that we can enjoy life as short as it is.
I will post some pic of the cabin, we are very happy with our decision and where else can one buy a camper for $4000.00 bucks, and if I can get my Rock Wood straighten out we can travel with that as will once again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old site.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	3555   Click image for larger version

Name:	old site #2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	3556  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:35 AM   #2

Sorry about all your problems. While it may be a small percentage of tt's that have problems like your experiencing, it's still devastating to the owners of those tt's. These are luxury items purchased with our "extra" money so there is usually no room for errror. It's a bitter pill to swallow when you get one that you are unable to use per it's intended use due to poor quality and/or workmanship.

It's not just the money, but we purchase these tt's so we can relax and get away from it all. If you happen to get one that occupies your time and efforts with repairs then that prevents you from doing that and it kind of defeats the purpose. More or less adds to your stress level rather than relieving it.

I know, I'm one. I am not fortunate enough to have mine paid off and I feel that trading it in and taking a hit now will be cheaper than hanging on to it and having to pay for expensive repairs that will more than likely occur in the future.

Good luck to you and to everyone else experiencing above normal issues with their tt's.

Oh yeah, congrats on the cabin and post some pics when you get the time.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Never make it to branson ?

HUUUMMMMM, Now how in the world are you going to get the cabin to Branson next May?

But again, if I had what you have with the view you have. I would just send everybody a post card in Branson. Nice looking setup. $4000.00
is a steal. I know you will be thinking about us???????
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote