Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2015, 07:06 AM   #1

AAA RV Plus Did Good Too

We were staying at a small KOA in Fancy Gap, Va. Had a senior moment and left the set of keys I always carry inside the rig when I went to shower. Wife went to walk the dogs and must have hit the latch lock lever, locking us out.
Luckily she had her cell.
This was on a Sat evening, 6:30. Called AAA. 30 minutes later truck pulls up, operator out and in 2 minutes he was done. No paperwork to sign, and the guy couldn't have been nicer. Gave him a big tip with much gratatude and thanks.
Also have the GS roadside as a backup, but AAA has always come thru.
I have since hidden a key to prevent another "senior moment".
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:20 AM   #2

I use AAA like them
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #3

We use AAA as well. Always respond quickly and get the job done in a very friendly manner.
OzarkPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:16 AM   #4

Just used them tonight to change a blown tire on the truck. Signed up last fall and this was the first use. DH was alone and with COPD and about 110 % humidity, it would not have been fun at all to change the tire. Worth every penny.
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #5

we had our MH towed 110 miles on a lowboy and it cost $1000 and they took care of it no questions asked
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #6

Just be aware that AAA will not move two vehicles. If your tow vehicle dies on the road, AAA will tow it but not the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #7

If you have RV Plus which I think they call it AAA Premier now they claim they will tow the trailer pulled by the covered vehicle as well. That is one of the reasons that we choose that plan. If we broke down with the horse trailer behind our vehicle it couldn't be just left on the side of the road. Copied from their site

"AAA Premier

The most elite, comprehensive travel and roadside assistance benefit package offers one 200-mile tow for extra protection. AAA Premier is a must for recreational vehicle owners and those on the road extensively traveling through our great states. It extends AAA benefits to RV, motor homes, trailers (recreation, boat, tent, horse), pickups with campers, fifth-wheel trailers and motorcycles."
RVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

My truck has broken down twice on long trips with a camper. A tongue tow and now a fifth wheel. I am looking into which service is best. AAA, Good Sam, or Coach-net. AAA seemed the most expensive but undecided for now.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #9
Senior Member - Retired

I have been an AAA member for 49 years.

Last year on Labor Day I was a long way from home pulling my 25' boat with my Cadillac truck. A wheel bearing went out on boat trailer (could see smoke in review mirror) while I was on the interstate and I had to pull of in a somewhat undesirable area. AAA sent out a huge flat bed hauler along with a tow truck and additional help. Both the truck and boat were put on the hauler.

Another time my truck broke down while pulling my 36 foot Cougar High Country trailer. AAA put the truck on a small flat bed hauler and used the hauler to tow the trailer to my house, then the truck to the dealer for repair.

I have always ensured my cars, motorhomes, trailers, boats, homes etc., with AAA. Has given me peace of mind when my wife or daughters are on the road by themselves.
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #10

I have aaa but never used it to tow my 5 er just cars and pick up trucks no problem at all
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #11

We had the AAA Plus RV. On our way to Grand Canyon National Park I had a tire blow out. I changed that tire and started again only to have another tire go after about 5 miles. I called AAA and they told me that they could do nothing for me if I didn't have a spare tire to put on. They wouldn't even look for a local company that could come and help us. This was all before we had smart phones. Luckily my wife has a tendency to keep and file just about everything. She had a flyer from a rv park we had stayed at before in that area and on it was an add for a tire store. We called then and they came out and mounted a tire on our rim and put it on the rv.

I now have Coachnet and hopefully they will be better if we ever need to call again.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #12

Sorry to disappoint you but they are all the same as far as service.. When it comes to price make sure you are comparing apples to apples.. Some don't cover large rigs without an additional charge and some have mileage limits so be careful
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote