Old 09-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #11
I have CAA with RV coverage. Same policy as truck applies to TT. Or any vehicle or trl combination I'm in. With all the issues I hear about tires, brakes and hordes of other problems. It's worth the money in gold.

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0
2012 Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)

Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:20 PM   #12
Thanks for the feedback. We do have Progressive for the RV but mainly looking for roadside assistance. I guess it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

dvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:45 PM   #13
I had AAA RV+ for several years with our old Class C used for towing an open trailer with a race car. I can tell you absolute horror stories about poor service in MD/PA area. Once, they actually refused to change a flat on the side of the road. They insisted on towing the RV and leaving the trailer behind. When we purchased the A, we decided on Coach-Net based on the reviews. We have not had the opportunity to use it yet.

2001 Coachmen Mirada
HillClimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:13 PM   #14
Just for info...I pay $20 a year on my auto/Rv insurance policy and am covered for towing, lockout, flat repair, even battery replacement. A year ago my MH broke down and I was towed to a shop 80 miles away at no charge. Check your insurance policy first!
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:25 PM   #15
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have CoachNet on Cedar Creek now but I had to use it one time in the middle of the night and got no help. I plan on going to Alaska next year and I guess I will have Good Sam and CoachNet. I don't ever plan to be going anywhere with the camper in the middle of the night ever
We broke down in Alaska 85 miles from the nearest RV repair shop. We had Progressive roadside assistance. They covered the tow (over $900) in full. Where I broke down there was no cell service. I had to wait for a vehicle to come along and flag them down. They were going through Tok where the shop was located. They stopped and sent the tow truck. When I got to Tok, I called Progressive and they said they would cover the charge. No problems at all. I used them a couple of other times and found their service to be very good.
Forest River Flagstaff V-Lite 26 WRB. 2015 Ford F 250 diesel, Hensley Arrow Hitch
V-Lite Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #16
I have coach net right now and my rv insurance also has tow on it. You should keep some type of roadside. Consider this My old rig was a 40 foot 5er and I had a 3rd axel welds break causing the axel to fall off. Road side had to have the unit towed to the dealer but because of the size they had to place the 5er on a low boy trailer. After getting the needed permits for a over height load and loading and delivering it took 2 days and the insurance was billed $2500. That's was just the tow took another 5 months to have the 5er repaired. Had to replace all three axels. Traded in the unit 2 weeks after it's return.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #17
I will never leave home in my RV without Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Peroid... I've used them and I've used other when I didn't have an RV. No comparison.
twiggw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #18
Good Sam

Unfortunately I have used Good Sam three times over the past eight years. Once was my own stupidity, and the other two were the stroke of lady luck. They responded quickly and got me where I needed to be. It is a great feeling to know they there wherever you are in USA or Canada!

Good Sam is expiring next year, but I will be renewing without question.
mpoulin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #19
We had Good Sam and only used it on a lockout. Good response. Now have Coach-Net with our new 2016 Sanibel 3701. We'll see.
James Briar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #20
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
From what I saw at the FROG Rally in Goshen, I would recommend CoachNet - especially if you are thinking of or will be going Fulltime.

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote

good sam