Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2015, 04:45 PM   #1

Advice on Potential Purchase

New member looking at a 2014 Forest River Flagstaff V-Lite 30WIKSS - 2014 Forest River Flagstaff V-Lite 30WIKSS, Gastonia NC - - RVtrader.com

Love the floor plan, like the amenities. Would appreciate any thoughts from anyone with experience on these trailers. Not reading about too many issues.

$29.5k seems like a reasonable price when compared to similar 2015 units (comparable 2015s Diamonds are at various dealerships for between $35 and $38). I have only found 2 2014 units to compare but features are not similar. I did find many of the WFKSS (Front Kitchen) but they are so different so hard to put a value on this. Any thoughts on the whether $29.5 price is fair - let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Looking forward to input.

Steve
nc-canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #2

We bought our used TT from a local reputable dealer on the weekend they had discounted new units to wholesaler prices, so we were able to get the used unit for less than private sellers on Craigslist, RVTrader, etc. However, the dealer threw-in a FREE pressure test & re-caulking, Equalizer 4 WDH, some camping essentials, plus $100 store credit.

Prior to purchase I did a 2 hour walk-through on my own & they fixed every issue on my list. (I opened every access panel & checked every square foot for signs of prior water damage, etc...) After setting up financing, we then did a 2.5 hour PDI & they fixed anything that did not work 100% correctly. This included adjusting both slide-out cables, adjusting the awning, and replacing the CO2 detector. Friends & family who have purchased their TT's from the same dealer have been given high priority & fair prices when it comes to repair work. Some camping friends who did not buy there wait longer & pay more... During the last 2 years we have camped over 60 days & not had a single problem but when I called with a couple questions they were quick to help once they pulled-up my sales info...

IMO a private seller cannot provide any of the above, so you should factor that into your price. Also, IMO you really don't save that much money on a 1 year-old model, so is it worth the 10% you save to lose your warranty?

When shopping used I found the best deals on 2-3 old models. IMO if they were just a year old the loss of warranty wasn't worth the savings... Also, if you are financing you may pay a higher interest rate on a used unit which will offset any savings over the life of the loan...
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. Ended up getting a better price through RV Wholesalers on a Windjammer 3029W. Purchased it tonight. Pick it up in 2 weeks.