Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 12:01 AM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Seriously? As a CPA you should KNOW that over 50% of the adults out there barely know how to balance their debt card account, and the majority of people out there do not have $5K in a emergency savings account. Why do you think this is?

Having a financial management class that would teach the basics of compound interest, why a 401(K) plan is a good Idea at 16, and basic investing would, IMO be a fantastic class and a hell of a lot better than some of the classes offered!

Our kids were fortunate, in addition to "dad's Advice", DODDS schools consider financial planning a critical life skill and both got that class in the 10th grade in High School.
OK, I; OLD. Back in the 50s and 60s balancing a checkbook was only part of a basic accounting course ~ required. It covered basic investing as well. We also had required shop classes. Target shooting was a popular elective. No wonder young adults today do not know how to change a flat tire or which end of a hammer to hold and are afraid of a BB gun. There are now a couple generations that rely on the government for ant bump in the road. Very sad when a major insurance company is advertising young men need them to get a flat changed.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #282

I'm willing to bet that of the 50% of adults that don't know how to balance a checkbook it's because over 40% don't have one. No need for one when you are on welfare. When you are on welfare you just swipe you EBT card until there's none left and then your account is balanced.
This thread needs to be closed.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:09 PM   #283
Site Team - Lou

Thread closed while being reviewed.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 04:15 PM   #284
Site Team

Moderators Note: This is a large thread that has produced some interesting discussion, however a few members have chosen to make it into a political discussion which is against site rules. There are plenty of other forums for political discussions, Please keep this thread open by staying on topic.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 08:19 PM   #285

Amazon puts on a lot of help a couple of months before Christmas, if things were a little different me and DW would check it out.
spock123 is offline   Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 11:36 PM   #286
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Amazon puts on a lot of help a couple of months before Christmas, if things were a little different me and DW would check it out.
They call it Camperforce. They pay for the campsite while your employed. For some it might be a good way to earn some cash while having a free site to explore the area from. I might look into it when I go full-time.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is online now   Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 11:43 PM   #287

I posted a link earlier in this thread about Camperforce. It pays around $15/hour and sounds like a tough job. They give a bonus of $1 or $2 per hour if you make it through the entire time you sign up for. Apparently, there is a high turnover. You will definitely get in shape. I think the average worker walks between 6 and 10 miles a day.

read this article...over 20 miles of walking!
http://ourroaminghearts.com/experien.../#.Wf6WUYZrx-U

No way in hell I would do this job.
babock is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
ford, tire