Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union RV/Truck Combo Loan

For what its worth, I figured I would let those who are economically minded know about Alaska USA FCU Loans. I have been banking with them for many years now (to join you must be in Alaska or certain Washington State venues) but they have some amazing programs for those with RV's who need loans. As most of us know that the loan can be considered a second home for tax purposes but if anyone capable of joining their credit union, it is the only one I know of that has a Truck and Camper combo loan. In essence, those of us who write off our points in the end of year tax return, this would allow you to roll the truck which is required to pull your camper where a 5er, TT, or Slide-In (sorry no pushers) into one big note rather than having two notes. This also allows you to write off our points for the truck loan as well.

Most banks:

Truck Loan =60k for XX months
Camper = 30k for xx months (but if you own a home you can write off the interest)

Alaska USA
Combo Loan = 90k for up to 120 months (if you own a home, now you can write off that interest as well)

*i dont recommend this for all, just for those who want to upgrade to a new RV and require a Tow vehicle for it but make sure you plan on keeping both for awhile as its a bit of a headache to break the loan up if you wanna get rid of one or the other. But if you plan on buying a truck or upgrading your truck with intent on buying or upgrading your RV (would even work well if you refinanced your current truck if its a recent model of year or two old) (or even refinance camper/truck all together into one loan)

Figured I would let you all know as most people dont know that they do this up there but good program if it fits your needs.

*disclaimer - Please do your own research on this as this is just my personal observations and opinions. I am not responsible for any decisions anyone makes on behalf of this post. This is for informational awareness only.
2012 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SRW w/FX4
2013 Forest River Sierra 365SAQ
Beausdog is offline   Reply With Quote