Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorbuthappy View Post
The national parks give free annual passes to active duty and retired military...
Last I knew, America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreation Area passes were offered free (beginning 2012) to active military and their dependents, including active Guard and Reserve, but not retirees. Did anything change? I concur with others who sing the praises of our Senior Pass. There is not much out there that offers so much for so little. Wolf.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #22

You guys are lucky. Canadian national parks passes are $140 a year and no discounts on camping anywhere!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
snskovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:12 AM   #23

We do have it pretty good, shskovcs. Come to Florida for the Winter... having been born and raised in the Venice area (I would include Sarasota, Punta Gorda, Fort Myers and even Naples) there are thousands of Canadians down there; come join them. I now live in North FL.

The only thing keeping me from driving north in the Summer is the cost for fuel.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 08-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
And a beautiful area you live in WolfWhistle. We stayed in Nokomis this past winter and will be heading back right after Christmas.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Last I knew, America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreation Area passes were offered free (beginning 2012) to active military and their dependents, including active Guard and Reserve, but not retirees. Did anything change? I concur with others who sing the praises of our Senior Pass. There is not much out there that offers so much for so little. Wolf.
ATB Pass is Lifetime,so how is it good while on active Duty,but Not good for Retirees? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Yankee View Post
And a beautiful area you live in WolfWhistle. We stayed in Nokomis this past winter and will be heading back right after Christmas.
Thanks King, I lived in Nokomis when a kid, from about 11 years old... Nokomis is so close to Venice, I think of them both as home town. The old timers actually settled in Englewood... I am 4th generation Florida resident. Have a safe trip back down when you come. Wolf

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 08-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
ATB Pass is Lifetime,so how is it good while on active Duty,but Not good for Retirees? Youroo!!
Youroo, ATB is actually for everyone and is $80 annually. It is however a FREE annual pass for active military and their dependents, this includes Reservists. There isn't a pass specifically for veterans; however many qualify for the lifetime Senior pass at $10, for those 62 years of age and older; there is also a FREE lifetime Access Pass for disabled US citizens or permanent residents. Wolf

Read... U.S. National Park ServiceAmerica the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass Series

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-10-2014, 05:49 AM   #28

Can't recommend the National Park Service Senior pass enough. I bought mine last month when I turned 62 ( 10 bucks-good for life) we are in Bar Harbor Me and used the pass the first day here at Acadia who charges 20 bucks for a seven day pass. Score! It's good for the driver and up to 3 passengers and is good at any national park that charges admission ( plus good for life!)
We are having a ball in Maine and enjoying the cool weather after escaping the extreme heat at home in Florida and hope to be traveling for several more weeks
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1410346134.124832.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	659.7 KB
ID:	62533

Other Motorhome

2013 F-150 Eco-Boost V6
mrmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #29

Thanks for all the info. I'm not a senior yet but close enough guess I'll be buying my pass. LOL Thanks for the savings tips I need it for fuel costs.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote