Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
Cynthiana, Kentucky

Anyone looking at or recently purchase a 2013 A128S?

We are really interested in the A128S hard side, eveerything about it we like, layout, the extra storage in the front etc.

Writing this to see if anyone else is looking at the current time also, so far we have talked and or corresponded by email with 3 dealers.

The unit with the standard options we would be ok with them, but we are not having any luck finding any dealers with just the standards, they all seem to have extra options on them, not saying the extra options would not be nice, but we were trying to keep the price down as much as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
SoulMates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #2

Look further down on the forums page where the pop up campers and truck campers are...there is a zillion posts there for the hard sides. Good luck and enjoy!
2lvrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #3

basically you will not find much better of a buy than either the rockwood or flagstaff Aframe campers. They all come fully optioned ... hot water, microwave, airconditioning/heatpump,furnace, cable ready, waterpump and all that jazz. Once you start looking into other makes like Aliner and Chalet, the price goes up steadily by thousands, and the options drop down just as fast.
Warrentee was a big point for me when i purchased this little gem, 5 years on the roof, 25 on the floor, and an extendable lifetime warrenty for the external shell, frame and cabinatry to the origional owner. This purchase was a no brainer for us.
Before looking at the A122 i had put in an offer on a new 2010 Aframe, for 18,000, and was almost laughted away by the retailers sales person. I drove down the street, stopped in at the Forest River dealer, and walked out with a fully optioned unit for under 11,000, out the door.
Too many issues with the other Aframes, rotting floors, inadaquate frames to try to make the trailer lighter, doors that fall through the door frame when in transport ect.
FR looked at all these problem from the others, fixed them and made a unit that has a price point that is designed to put the others out of business in a few years.

d-mo
Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #4

the closest dealer we could find was Tom Stinnet RV Dealer Clarksville IN, Louisville KY | New & Used RV Dealership over in clarksville In, they custom ordered the camper i wanted and the price was well under MSRP. great people to work with.
also welcome to the site
64c10 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
a128, a128s, best deal