Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #1

Are there good deals at the RV Shows?

Will be heading to the RV show in Richmond, VA tomorrow. Has anyone had good experience finding a good deal at these shows or is it just high pressure sales?
JBurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #2

I don't know about the Richmond show but I went to one in Cleveland earlier this year. I went to a dealer who I had talked to about 3 months earlier about a Flagstaff trailer. They gave me a "show special" quote that was $3,000 more than the offer they gave me 3 months prior. We ended up getting the Rockwood model for a lot less from another dealer. So be careful and don't assume you're getting a good deal.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Missing Link

You can get as good of deal or better any time. The shows are great to see what is out there but don't feel pressured into buying right then. We bought 2 months after show and got the same price approx. 5k off retail and they tossed in extended warranty, power jack and a good sewer hose with 90 adaptor.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
IT Guru

Send a message via AIM to jsilvius Send a message via Skype™ to jsilvius
We go to the Richmond Shows regularly (since we live here). The prices are normally not anything you couldn't negotiate on your own. I'll +1 Cyclepuck, we use these shows to look at the different models and talk with the dealers.

The biggest disappointment we always have is the lack of "RV Toy" vendors. The RV dealears will sometimes bring out some stuff from the parts departments, but we don't get folks like Camping World here.

2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Turbo Diesel Quad Cab
1 - DH (me); 1 - DW (Tee); 1 - DS (Jarod, 12)
Nights Camping: 2010 - 15; 2011 - 7; 2012 - 9
jsilvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #5

I had been looking at a V-Cross 275 5er for a few months at a local dealer and they had the one that I wanted at one of their other locations about 75 miles away. I had gotten their best price and they wouldn't come down any more. I had it in my mind that the Houston RV show was to be leld in 2 weeks and if I still wanted the V-Cross after the show, I would pay the price and get it. I had been looking for 17 months and was ready to buy. I took the paper work, the MSRP sheet that they had given me to the show. The dealer had 20 units at the show, but not the one that I wanted. After looking at some of their units, I noticed that they were all about $3,000 more then they would sell them for two weeks ago. I spoke to a salesman and showed him the paper work on the unit that I had been looking at and told him that his show prices were to high. He lead me to the Forest River rep who was there and I showed him the paper work and he took $1,000 off of the best price that I coud get before the show, I bought it, giving a deposit on the spot.The salesman told me that it cost the dealer $20,000 for the floor space for the 4 and 1/2 day show!
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
Just Love to Camp

We haven't been to Richmond even though we live in VA but we went to Charlotte and wasn't that impressed with either show. They also didn't have very many ToyHaulers. Which is what we were looking for. 4 in total. Check out 007 RV in Ringgold VA. It is down near Danville. We bought from them. Great people to deal with. They have a website and they come down even further on prices once on the lot. If you do go ask for Zack Reeves. He is a awesome person to deal with and doesn't pressure.
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordes View Post
We haven't been to Richmond even though we live in VA but we went to Charlotte and wasn't that impressed with either show. They also didn't have very many ToyHaulers. Which is what we were looking for. 4 in total. Check out 007 RV in Ringgold VA. It is down near Danville. We bought from them. Great people to deal with. They have a website and they come down even further on prices once on the lot. If you do go ask for Zack Reeves. He is a awesome person to deal with and doesn't pressure.

Drive up to Hersey PA. in mid Sept. Billed as the biggest show in the USA. Plenty of toys and trinkets for camping ... seminars too. Make a camping trip out of it if you like.

America's Largest RV Show - Public Info
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
Just Love to Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Drive up to Hersey PA. in mid Sept. Billed as the biggest show in the USA. Plenty of toys and trinkets for camping ... seminars too. Make a camping trip out of it if you like.

America's Largest RV Show - Public Info

Thanks for the info. We bought a Thunderbolt in March. I will keep that in mind when we are in the market again for a new camper. That will be awhile!!!! Kept our last one 7 years!!!
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote