Old 07-17-2015, 10:55 PM   #31
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Subaru Forrester, with a manual transmission. Almost any Subi, new or used, with a manual tranny can be towed 4 down with no modifications needed to be done.
Ultra reliable and dependable. All wheel drive, with the road clearence of a stock Jeep Wrangler.
We tow a Subi XV Crosstrek, but its a smaller crossover and the Forrester is a regular suv. Its our 6th Subi, and wouldn't have any other make/brand.
Thanks. I've owned Subarus in the past and was looking at the Forrester or Outback. Because I'm short, I prefer something that sets me up a bit higher when I'm driving in town.

lludvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #32
Originally Posted by siskom View Post
We have a 2014 Georgetown with the V10 and went through the same questions until we decided on a Lincoln MKX at first we were looking for a Ford Edge but this was a couple years older and like new so we went for it. It tows like it is not even there tracks great and roomy and comfy when you get to your location. But regardless of what you choose go with the Blue Ox tow bar its a little more than most but look what you have to loose. The bracket that installs on the car wasn't difficult the company gives great instructions and when complete you don't even know its there. Suggestion is look at all the cars/trucks vs prices and what you have to do to tow, some you have to pull fuses some disconnect battery some startup every so many miles some you have to install separate pump. I selected the lincoln/edge because you do nothing, hope some of this helps.
Blue Ox was highly suggested by quite a few of my co-workers who flat tow. I have a 2012 BMW X3 and from what I have read, they are not good for flat towing. Looking at something to replace it. Prefer SUV since I am short!

Old 07-17-2015, 11:05 PM   #33
Originally Posted by carluv View Post
We tow a 2014 Honda CRV. This is the last year they can be towed 4 down.
Why is that?
Old 07-17-2015, 11:07 PM   #34
I sold my 2007 Saturn Vue to my son earlier this year. He now lives 3 hours away, but doesn't have an issue with me borrowing it. I'd rather find something comparable to it. I enjoyed driving it while I had it.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #35
I toad a Suzuki samurai ( 86), but on the way to Boise it began smoking.So took it to a mechanic who said it probably knocked into gear and blew the engine but would cost as much to find out as a new engine. So we ordered a new engine which after installation would not run the fuel pump! Took it to repair shop here in Wy told them it needed new cam with lobe to run fuel pump and NOT to just put elec. fuel pump on. $627 later they say its ready-we pick it up -it runs but we hear a whine- yep an electric fuel pump! Called them " a miscommunication" ! Not only did the owner not tell the mechanic that it was a brand new engine( so no correct breakin) but did not give him our written inst, on no elec. fuel pump! So just ordered correct cam and gaskets to install-not at same shop. Can any one who toad a Sammy tell me the correct transfer case and transmission setting. ? .? Suzuki say one thing, zookeeper says another. Now we think orig. engine just blew oil through I and is okay! Please any help really appreciated!
2014 Sunseeker
3170ds (Suzuki Samurai 1986 toad)
Gary and Dottie, fur babies Doodle(corgi) and Beau(yellow lab)
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:33 PM   #36
We used to tow a Toyota Yaris with a manual transmission. It was easy to tow, but we wanted to be able to explore places when we travel. Now we tow a Jeep Wrangler with an automatic transmission. It still tows great, and is way more fun to drive than the Yaris.
2010 Georgetown 373
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #37
MINI COOPER !!!!! We've towed our 5-speed for thousands of miles.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1437406712.060426.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	83453

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:22 AM   #38
I thought of a Mini Cooper a few years ago but I needed an automatic trans and discovered that towing one (even using a dolly) would void the warranty.
milvet33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #39
auto trans tow

Ford Edge, Lincon MKX, Honda CRV are popular but whatever you are contimplating look in the owners manual under towing it will tell you... best advice!
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #40
Jeep Wrangler.

Pop the transfer case in neutral. Easy.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK

Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote

tow vehicle