Old 10-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #71

Yeah I agree. I was pretty honest about the listing. Added any features and any issues it has. So hopefully that also eliminates some of those as well.

But I'll tell you. I have the worst luck. I went over this morning to storage to take some pictures of interior/exterior. And I found some water in the bathroom. It rained over night. Somewhere there is leak. Never had an issue prior to this. - Agh.

And the DW and I just told ourselves that we are going to get our Hold on the one camper back until we can see this other camper. We were only sent a build sheet and some photos from an Expo in 2015. So until we see it exactly we aren't going to rush into buying the one with the hold.

To much money not to be happy. Do it right the 2nd time

-- 2017 Ford F150 FX4/Lariat
-- 3.5L EcoBoost w/ 10 Speed & Max Tow
-- 2016 Salem Hemisphere Lite 27BH
Shanks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
What I told the people that called about my old trailer listed on CL that said up front first thing " is the listing price your best" or "what's the lowest you will take for it ". I said you can come and see it then once you have looked we can talk.

That eliminated a lot of tire kickers and buttheads that wanted to pay nothing and get you to commit to lower price then when they get there to try and get lower.
Buttheads Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
But I'll tell you. I have the worst luck. I went over this morning to storage to take some pictures of interior/exterior. And I found some water in the bathroom. It rained over night. Somewhere there is leak. Never had an issue prior to this. - Agh.
If I was a betting man......................which I am.............Skylight? Notorious for the sealant cracking around the roof flange but easy to fix.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #73

It was dark by the time I got here, but I think that was the issue. I had the camper almost perfectly level and I think water just sat there. I tipped it up and let the water run off, Dried the inside and then came back to check on it later and there was no more water. So now just need to let things dry and seal it up.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:29 AM   #74

Well I got the camper leak fixed. Just patched a few weak spots.

Also just had a person from Craigslist put down a deposit. Basically sold. Not a ton more than our original offer from the dealer. But enough that I felt comfortable saying price was good. Sold it for $6k but had to throw in the WD hitch.

Gives me some freedom to think about the camper we want next. Instead of trying to figure out how much we are going to get for the old one...

Old 11-01-2015, 12:58 AM   #75

My neighbor brought up a good question.. Since I've never bought anything this large out of state -- assuming I buy the 2016 we are looking at --

How does the sales tax work? Do I get charged OH sales tax then come back to IN and get charged again when putting a plate on camper?

I don't know how that works.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:51 AM   #76

Quote:
My neighbor brought up a good question.. Since I've never bought anything this large out of state -- assuming I buy the 2016 we are looking at --

How does the sales tax work? Do I get charged OH sales tax then come back to IN and get charged again when putting a plate on camper?

I believe at purchase you would not pay sales tax unless the dealer has some kind of store in your home state. I would think you would get charged tax when you register the camper. Dealer should provide some kind of temporary plate.

That's how it would work in NY at least. Everyone wants their money.

'16 Cherokee 274DBH
'09 F150 Supercrew
Michael4017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #77

Quote:

It varies. IF they charge you sales tax out of State, your in State will only charge you the difference between the out of State rate and your in State rate (you have to provide proof of course that you paid it). IE, if you pay 4% out of State and your in State is 6%, you have to pay the extra 2% when you register the trailer. Generally the States reciprocate the taxes to each other.

Best to do is ask up front of the dealer, what taxes will you owe being from the State you are from. Then call another dealer in the same State you are buying from and ask again, to verify.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #78

Quote:

I just bought my TT in August from Surburban Rv in Mansfield Ohio. I live in Pa. I had to sign a paper at the dealer that stated I knew and would pay my sales tax to Pennsylvania. I received 90 day plates from Ohio from the dealer which gave me enough time to receive my Ohio title for the camper to go to my dmv and title it in PA and register. It was quite easy and the only extra cost was paying title fee in both states. I think it was not more than 40 to 80 dollars. Well worth the thousands I saved on exactly the trailer I wanted.

Just returned from another extended weekend trip. Might squeeze one more in. 🎉
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #79

Good to know. I'll definitely talk with the OH dealer before going to see it. Want to make sure I know the full scope of what I will be paying for before making the drive.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #80

Here in Montana we have no sales tax so if it is going to be licensed in Montana where we live than other states honor this.. We are buying a new motorhome in Idaho today but are not being charged tax since it will be licensed in Montana..

So basically they go by you home address for taxes..