Old 02-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
Pirate Todd and Wench

We bought our 2012 3008w yesterday! RESEARCH-RESEARCH!!! I went to the show loaded for bear with all the facts, features and the best price from almost a dozen dealers. I'm not sure if I'll get the crap beat outa me by any dealers here, but! $28,000 even. Fully loaded with ALL options including prep, frieght, taxes, tags and full tanks, and starter kit! We pick it up this coming Thursday. Just sayin! lol

-Equilzer 1200lb hitch
mrtodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #12

way to go !!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #13

We just took delivery of our 2013 Avenger 261LT Bunkhouse with all the options plus electric awning, and electric jack. MSRP was $20K. Show price was $11,999 we got it out the door tax, title, prep, delivery, battery, full tanks for $13,000.00.
Firefighter938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #14

There are many factors - popularity of the model, options on the model in stock, how long it's been in stock, time of year (leaf season is near peak about now in the mid-atlantic), etc.

If you are happy with the deal, then whether you got the max deal is really irrelevant. There really is no way of knowing. If you got 25% off MRSP, then you did pretty well.
Enjoy and let us know how your first trip goes.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #15

We wanted the VLite 30WFKSS and tried to get our dealer to the price that we felt was fair since it was a 2012 model. Was told that because it had only been on the lot a short time they wouldn't go down on the price. We opted for the 30WRKSS which had been on the lot much longer and they made us a great deal. As suggested, shop around, look at dealer web sites and figure out their stock numbers if possible. After awhile you will be able to figure out which models have been on the lot longer and if there is one you like, make an offer they can't refuse. We got our deal on the last day of September and it helped that the weather was bad enough to keep customers away.....except us.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #16

We're picking up our 2013 V Lite 30WFKSS this friday!!! It was on the lot at Cheyenne RV in eastern Iowa. Driving there from the Black Hills of South Dakota so we will get to try it out for 3 days as we slowly travel back home with it.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #17

Not to be a doom and gloom predictor ...but...on Good Morning America..they just did a story of a possible world economic slow down ..Seems china. ..india ..and others are bracing for it....here we go again !! But did our recession really ever end ??
Old 10-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #18

I bought a used rockwood in excellent cond. for 7000.00 less than their asking price. He ask why I offered so low and I told him that it was what I had to spend and that there were thousands of trailers for sale right now and I had cash. He took it. Good luck on your purchase.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry226 View Post
I bought a used rockwood in excellent cond. for 7000.00 less than their asking price. He ask why I offered so low and I told him that it was what I had to spend and that there were thousands of trailers for sale right now and I had cash. He took it. Good luck on your purchase.
We hit the dealers in Dec with snow falling did about the same thing on a 1 year old CC36RE. When they have set on lot for a month or so you can deal more. If possible make as big as possible cash down payment upfront, they may need cash to pay there bills and willing to take a less to get it.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #20

Please be careful at RV shows! I had been looking and doing research for 17 months, found what would do for us, 2012 V-Cross 275 5er at a four location dealer near my ranch. Went back and forth with dealer on price for the unit and they stated that $29,999 was the best that they could do. I desided that the Houston RV show was only a few weeks away and I would go to the show and then if I still wanted the 5er, I would pay that price and get buy it.
At the show I looked at the twenty RVs that the dealer had on display and they were markedup $3,000 more then I could have bought them before the show. When I pointed that out to the salesmen, he introduced me to the Forest River Rep that was there, he told me that many dealers markup prices for shows because of their cost for floor space at the shows. The salesmen told me that they had to pay $20,000 for the floor space at the show.
When I showed the Forest River Rep that paper work on the fiver that I wanted, it was not at the show, he looked at the $29,999 price and asked if i realy wanted that RV and when I told him yes, he took $1,000 off if I would give him a $500 deposit right now, looked at my better half for a few seconds and gave him the deposit.
It worked for us as that was February 2012 and we love the RV. Good Luck