Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
Missing Link

I checked them out back in the the spring and they were about $2400 less than my local dealer but I like great service and like supporting the small local guy as much as possible.

Glad I did by from the little guy they sent a man to my house to fix a cracked shelf and to reseal a window. Granted its only 5 miles but speaks wonders. And on our last trip we were driving by a local Chevy dealer that was having a little rv show to display the new 2013 models so we stopped in. Our dealer happened to be there and remembered our name and took us to their makeshift lounge area for a beer and to shoot the sh!t. That's the kind of stuff you don't get with the huge national dealers.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

If you're fortunate enough to get a camper with no issues through the warranty period, that may have been just really expensive beer.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #13

I bought from Kelly Tussing at RVWholesalers and was very pleased with the service. I spoke extensively about my experience on the link a few pages back. So here I'll just throw out a few things to consider:

1. For what you'll save, you can pay out of pocket for LOTS of repairs. I didn't anticipate ever coming out behind going with RVW even if I had to pay every dime of any repairs in the first year.

2. If you surf the forums long enough, you'll find that RV dealers don't always offer good service and sometimes don't even adequately address warranty issues. I'd hate to spend the 4K in expectation of great service that I might not need or might not get.

3. I'd never do business with a dealer that wouldn't try to help out ALL RVers by offering service and warranty work regardless of where you buy. It speaks volumes to me about their dedication to the product they sell. A savvy businessman would accept any warranty work and then use the time dealing with you as a way to form a relationship and hopefully sell you a unit in the future.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
I bought from Kelly Tussing at RVWholesalers and was very pleased with the service. I spoke extensively about my experience on the link a few pages back. So here I'll just throw out a few things to consider:

1. For what you'll save, you can pay out of pocket for LOTS of repairs. I didn't anticipate ever coming out behind going with RVW even if I had to pay every dime of any repairs in the first year.

2. If you surf the forums long enough, you'll find that RV dealers don't always offer good service and sometimes don't even adequately address warranty issues. I'd hate to spend the 4K in expectation of great service that I might not need or might not get.

3. I'd never do business with a dealer that wouldn't try to help out ALL RVers by offering service and warranty work regardless of where you buy. It speaks volumes to me about their dedication to the product they sell. A savvy businessman would accept any warranty work and then use the time dealing with you as a way to form a relationship and hopefully sell you a unit in the future.
Total agree with your opinion.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #15

The dollars speak for themselves. Do you know if it is possible to switch sales reps. I really felt that the fellow I spoke to yesterday didn't want to be helpful. Perhaps he thought if he put pressure on me I would close the deal.

When I deal with a sales rep that does not treat me the same as they would a man they don't get much respect from me. And maybe that's not what was happening. We'll see what happens today and if he coughs up the pictures of the color I was enquiring about.
Days camped 2012 - 14 (not enough); Days camped 2013 - 41 (May - 3; June-16; July-10; Aug.-12) Still not enough...
Days camped 2014 - 23
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #16

Check out General RV. I bought from this spring and saved thousands on my Lacrosse versus local dealer. The lousy way I was treated by the local when the manufacturer tried to get me to take it to them for service reinforced that I did the right thing buying stateside. Just expect to pay a little more for service/waranty work. The thousands you will save is well worth it in my opinion. Good luck!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #17

When I see all these posts about how lousy the RV dealers warranty service is, I am glad I bought mine used so I don't have to fret about warranty service.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
Missing Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica
If you're fortunate enough to get a camper with no issues through the warranty period, that may have been just really expensive beer.

Dave
God point but on a mid 90 degree day can you put a price on a ice cold beer.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietTimes View Post
Today I talked to RVW. Effective Oct. 31 FR is giving a $1500 rebate/credit/incentive on all units sold. The deal is getting too good to pass up. We are now at $4,000 off what the local guy quoted and would be getting more options. And this is on a unit that's under $20,000. Wow.

Hard to pass up. It's only a 6 hr drive for us.

Have you taken this recent offer to a local dealer to see if they will price match - or at least close the gap a little? Tell him that you'd love to suport local business, but, he needs to come to the table.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclepuck View Post
God point but on a mid 90 degree day can you put a price on a ice cold beer.
Amen to that!

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote