Old 10-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #31

Hi QuietTimes, I live in Ontario, Canada and just purchased a Surveyor Select 235RKS from Jeff Couch's RV Nation in Ohio. It might be worth taking a peek at their website to see how the prices compare. Unlike RVWholsalers they don't mind giving you their best price in writing...or e-mail in this case. I actually never spoke with anyone during the process until I arrived at the dealer to pickup the trailer preferring to do everything on e-mail. Pays to get everything in writing sometimes. The price difference in my case was closer to $6000 and they've sold to Canadians so often they know the process inside out. Just arrange insurance ahead of time at home and they'll take care of the rest for your trip home.

Paul

2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #32

Good tip Dave. On the quote there is a line for 7% state tax. They have put a dash in that and shown the total without any tax. I will ask them to confirm that this is correct.

Hi Paul, headed to their site now! Thanks for that info too!

Days camped 2012 - 14 (not enough); Days camped 2013 - 41 (May - 3; June-16; July-10; Aug.-12) Still not enough...
Days camped 2014 - 23
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #33

We have purchased four travel trailers from RVW, the last one being in January 2012 from Kelly Tussing. Brother-in-law (Denver, CO) also bought from them. Would recommend RVW and Kelly was great to do business with.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #34

Four? Wow! We are not working with Kelly. We are working with a Derek Welch... Seems to want to push the sale. Not real quick to get info when I ask for it. That being said.....

Did you find any surprises when you went to pick up your units? Do they include the hoses, drain hoses etc or are they add ons? Any additional info you can give me would be a wonderful help. Thanks so much!
Days camped 2012 - 14 (not enough); Days camped 2013 - 41 (May - 3; June-16; July-10; Aug.-12) Still not enough...
Days camped 2014 - 23
Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #35

Here is my experience with RVW.
Last spring we negotiated a price for a unit they had on the lot. The price was $6k under any price we could get up here in Ontario.

During the PDI we noticed some water leakage around the bunk ends. RVW offered to get us a new unit from FR at the same price or to send it back to FR for repair. We chose the latter as it was a quicker turn around.

A few weeks after we took possession I noticed that the sky light was leaking RVW and FR worked with us to get that fixed. FR sent a hauler to pick it up from our driveway. The repaired more than we were aware needed fixing and sent it back as far as the border for us to pick up.

All told it has been a good experience. It some times takes a while to convince either RVW or FR that there is a issue to be fixed under warrantee but once you do they follow through or at least they have for us.

2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn V8 Hemi
Previous Trailer -> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclepuck View Post
God point but on a mid 90 degree day can you put a price on a ice cold beer.
FREE beer is always the best beer...
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #37

QuietTimes-the grey/black water hose was not included in my purchase at RVW. I purchased my own prior to the PDI as I was camping my way home. A 15' (I think) 30 amp (in my case) electrical cord is included. You might want to pick up an extention. At one of the CGs I camped at you shared the power box with the neighboring campsite. It was on the wrong side of my TT. I was able to borrow an extention at the CG office. About the only tool that comes with the unit is the wrench that removes the water filter. A couple of BBQ tools were included as a small gift. If you think you are going to use something, plan on purchasing it. You will get to know Camping World quite well. Very fast shipment.

Have fun!
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #38

Quote:
QuietTimes asks: Did you find any surprises when you went to pick up your units? Do they include the hoses, drain hoses etc or are they add ons? Any additional info you can give me would be a wonderful help. Thanks so much!

In response to your questions we did not have any surprises when we picked up any of our trailers from RVW. With our first trailer we didn't know what to expect, so we were not expecting anything except the trailer. Sewer hoses, wheel chocks, fresh water hose, leveling blocks, etc. do NOT come with the trailer, you'll need to purchase them separately. With the purchase of the first three trailers, we never met our salesman; but with the last purchase we met Kelly and talked with him at time of pickup. October is the beginning of a "slow time" for Forest River and that is why Forest River offers "incentives" to prospective buyers (we got $1,000 off by ordering in October). That may be why your salesman seems to be somewhat "pushy" and he doesn't know how long the Forest River incentive will last. The Forest River factory shuts down for two weeks in December so the employees can celebrate Christmas, so depending on when you order your trailer, it may be built before or after the Christmas break. For us it didn't make any difference when it was built. When we picked up our last trailer in January, we were the only customer for that day, so the guy that did the PDI and set up the Equalizer Weight Distribution hitch and our saleman had time to spend with us and we didn't feel rushed. We really like the Rockwood line of trailers, so if we ever decide to purchase another one we'll go back to RVW.

Best of luck on whatever you decide.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #39

Update - things not going too well with RVW. Salesperson "losing" options off my option list. Have sent a PM to ddurnell asking to use Kelly instead. Will see what happens from here and let you know....
Days camped 2014 - 23
Old 10-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #40

I purchased a new Rockwood Ultralite TT that I customized with options from RVW 2 years ago. I got exactly what I wanted and saved a lot of money ($4000), and also negotiated a no additional cost Equal-i-zer WD hitch, which they partially installed prior to shipment. I think the deal you get from RVW can vary depending on the salesperson.

I ran into a minor ($200) warranty issue in the first month of ownership. RVW advised me to take it to a local RV repair shop. The shop required me to pay myself since FR would not deal with him on the phone (he said they used to deal directly with him in the past). After submitting the repair invoice to RVW, I received reimbursement via a check from them a few weeks later, not from FR. I thought that was interesting.