Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #61

Good tip! I'll try that. Makes sense for sure.

Days camped 2012 - 14 (not enough); Days camped 2013 - 41 (May - 3; June-16; July-10; Aug.-12) Still not enough...
Days camped 2014 - 23
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #62

RV Wholesalers Where in Ohio ?

Is this the one in Findlay, Oh? Or Sylvania OH?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus

Neither...RVW is in Lakeview, Ohio.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorn View Post
Is this the one in Findlay, Oh? Or Sylvania OH?
RV Wholesale Superstore
5080 W. Alexis Road
Sylvania, OH 43560
RV Wholesalers, RV Trailers, Wholesale RVs | RV Wholesale Superstore

Ohio RV Wholesale
1710 Romick Parkway
Findlay, OH 45840
Ohio RV Wholesale

RV Wholesalers
530 N Main St
Lakeview, Ohio, 43331
The Original RV Wholesalers - RV Sales, RV Parts, RV Dealer, RV Super Store Dealer, 5th Wheel, Forest River

http://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #65

RV Wholesale Superstore
5080 W. Alexis Road
Sylvania, OH 43560
RV Wholesalers, RV Trailers, Wholesale RVs | RV Wholesale Superstore

I would avoid this one ! Jim
Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #66
RVWholesalers Representative

I just find it so flattering that two other dealerships just in Ohio have decided to copy some part of our name. It let's me know we must be doing something right that so many people want to be RVWholesalers! (Some humor was intended in this post, and maybe even a bit of sarcasm) GO BUCKS!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
I just find it so flattering that two other dealerships just in Ohio have decided to copy some part of our name. It let's me know we must be doing something right that so many people want to be RVWholesalers! (Some humor was intended in this post, and maybe even a bit of sarcasm) GO BUCKS!
I'm wondering if "wholesale" is a common word used in Ohio just as "Yah Sure You Betcha" is in Minnesota!

Old 02-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #68
RVWholesalers Representative

It seems much more common these days than it was fifteen years ago when we started! lol What is very common in Ohio is to not say how many miles away some place is but instead how long it will take to get there! For example, how far are you from Columbus? About an hour!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #69
Trailer Trash

Imitation is the finest form of flattery as the saying goes. Another trick companies used was various versions of the letter A at the begginning of their business name. It was a competiton to get your name at the top of the list in the yellow pages as ads were sorted alphabetically. Heck they still are. So my company name would be AAA RV Wholesalers as an example.

How far am I away from my Columbus?
About 2 months. It's still snowing in Minnesota dontcha know. If spring came early, that would be a heck of a deal. Gotta go watch the movie Fargo now.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #70

Using hours as a measurement. Love idiosyncrasies like that.

So Durnell is an hour from Columbus OH. Joe you are two months from your Columbus. I am 12 hours from Lakeview OH and my Roo.

Unfortunately I will be making two trips down there to complete everything. Overall with RVW things have went really well except for two things. Financing overlooked getting my no payments till April. Not a huge deal but it was blasted all over their website when I purchased in December. I found out things werent in order when I got the first bill in January and was told by RVW that they couldnt fix it. Oh well. Secondly, and more important, I was told that I would not be able to wait until March to sign all the papers and needed to get to Ohio to do so. Was told they would store my camper till March if I wanted to do that. I remember being told that you were on a cruise ship and you were unavailable to consult. That detail is irrelevant but for the fact that I have a two year old who is a product of a caribbean cruise. Bleh. That turned into a very expensive vacation! :-)

I think its great RVW will keep my Roo safe and stored until I get there in March. I had to get my TV situation straightened out before I could get down there. I just really wish that they would have been able to wait a couple months for me and do everything at once. So I will end up making two trips to Ohio and unfortunately its not cheap. Kinda bit into that savings I was counting on. I'm not soured...just wiser and know how I'd do things differently.

I remember at my closing asking about warranty work using their service network as I read lots of criticism on here with people having problems getting service who have purchased with them. The answer I got made sense. I was told that issues arise when people decide to go make appointments with service departments at dealers rather than call RVW and let make an appointment with a dealer close to them. I was also told that even if I didnt purchase the extended warranty they would get me setup up for service just call them first. Makes sense and I can live with that. The appointment will be close to my home and thats just like if I purchased local.

I have also heard complaints against them and others because people will not be purchasing locally. Well truth is I live in the Minneapolis area and ideally I'd like to be somewhere else in five years. Who will be my local dealer then? If I purchased from Minneapolis dealer and move to Colorado am I going to take the camper to Minneapolis for service? I purchased my popup with a local dealer and never really developed a "special" relationshp with them the past 11 years. I'm sure it happens it just never happened with me.

All in all RV Wholesalers has done an ok job. Two issues have cost me $$ but I've learned from it and thats an important take away. They definitely are the big dog of the neighborhood and the big dog is a big target for all of the small dogs who wish they were the big dog.