Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #1

Buy from RVWholsalers in Ohio???

We live in Canada and the difference in price (even with exchange rates) to purchase from RVWholsalers compared to the local guy is +$3,000 on the unit we are interested in. There is another thread in this section on RV Direct which I have read. I would like to hear from those of you that have purchased from RVWholsalers and if you would use them again. Thanks!

Days camped 2012 - 14 (not enough); Days camped 2013 - 41 (May - 3; June-16; July-10; Aug.-12) Still not enough...
Days camped 2014 - 23
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Trailer Trash

Surf around and you will read others that give them a thumbs up. They are one of the dealers I considered myself.

Click this and start reading!
Dealer Reviews - Forest River Forums

Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #3

QuietTimes- a real good question. I purchased from RVW simply because the price was lower than any local dealer. I also didn't mind driving to western Ohio. The drive was part of the adventure and I camped my way home. They were not real great about returning phone calls but my Mini Lite came exactly as I ordered it. The young man that did my PDI with me was very knowledgable and answered all my questions. He stayed until all my questions were answered and I was hooked up and drove away.

The down side of RVW is that you do not have a local dealer when you need repairs. Their claim of nationwide repair network is only partially true. I needed a small repair and the local dealer made it clear that they did not have to honor the FR warranty. In my case, the dealer did the work (quickly and effectively), contacted RVW about the warranty payment and billed me for the difference. Possibly I could have spent more time looking and maybe I would have found a dealer willing to do the work for the amount RVW was willing to pay. Or I could argue with RVW that RVW should pay the whole amount that I was charged. I took the quick and practical solution that RVW would pay what they were willing to pay and I paid the dirrerence. That was fine with me but I am a pretty easy going person.

So if you don't need a lot of hand holding in the purchase, RVW did the job. Again with a very good PDI. But you have to be aware that you will have difficulty getting warranty work fully paid by RVW or FR.

Over all I am very happy with my TT. I had to go thru and tighten up about every plumbing connection (and I added teflon tape) but since then everything has been working great.

Good luck with your search.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #4

I inquired on a 2013 Hyperlite toy Hauler from RV Wholesalers. Even though we didn't go ahead with the purchase, the gentleman I spoke with on the phone was really nice and polite and really professional. With the exception of the shipping cost, they beat all the local dealers price by $5k.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #5

QuietTime check your PM's

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #6

Today I talked to RVW. Effective Oct. 31 FR is giving a $1500 rebate/credit/incentive on all units sold. The deal is getting too good to pass up. We are now at $4,000 off what the local guy quoted and would be getting more options. And this is on a unit that's under $20,000. Wow.

Hard to pass up. It's only a 6 hr drive for us.

Days camped 2012 - 14 (not enough); Days camped 2013 - 41 (May - 3; June-16; July-10; Aug.-12) Still not enough...
Days camped 2014 - 23
Old 10-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietTimes View Post
Today I talked to RVW. Effective Oct. 31 FR is giving a $1500 rebate/credit/incentive on all units sold. The deal is getting too good to pass up. We are now at $4,000 off what the local guy quoted and would be getting more options. And this is on a unit that's under $20,000. Wow.

Hard to pass up. It's only a 6 hr drive for us.

6 hours is nothing. I have considered driving across country to buy one and enjoy the road back.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #8

Agree. The only "gotcha" this time of year is that by the time the unit is built and ready for pickup we could be into winter conditions - ROAD SALT. Not sure how good that is for the bottom of the unit. I was quoted four weeks to delivery by one guy. So late November to early December. Cutting it close. Now getting quotes from Wanna RV in Shipshewana IN. and All Seasons RV in Muskegeon, MI.

Picking up the new TV today... 2012 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Days camped 2014 - 23
Old 10-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #9

I bought from them this spring. We had some warranty issues and like GlacierGus stated, your local dealer doesn't have to do the warranty work. I called around and nobody would touch it because I didn't purchase it from them. So if you don't mind a return trip or coming out of pocket, it's worth the savings. I have a 3 hour trip, so it's not that big of a deal. Mine has been down there for 2 weeks getting repaired. Everyone was real helpful when I purchased the TT. The walk-through was pretty informative and when I contacted them about the warranty work they were polite, but I had to send them a lot of information about what needed to be done, photos of everything, and model # and serial # of a bad stereo so they could get prior approval from FR for repairs. When I dropped it off I got major attitude from the warranty guy I had been sending the information to. He acted like he had never heard of me and pretty much said he had to verify everything, take more photos, only do the repairs FR authorized, and he wouldn't get paid squat. We got in a heated debate about a water leak I had. I have a toy hauler and water had been leaking from the back ramp like a waterfall when it rained. FR didn't seal the seam behind the rear water gutter and there was a gap where the 2 pieces came together. I sealed the gap for a temp fix, thinking the dealer would take off the gutter, seal the seam, then reinstall the gutter and seal it back up. The dealer said all he would be authorized to do is what I had done, and since I had already done it, it was fixed. I wasn't very happy with his answer and let him know it. I haven't heard anything from them since I dropped it off. I'm debating whether I should give them a call or wait and let them take their time, hoping it takes until spring so I wont have to pay for storage.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #10

I'm hearing from a lot of people about RVW. Overall impression is that while the prices are good - any kind of service is not. The place in Shipshewana looks more like a family run business. If their price is close I think we will be inclined to deal with them. Driving distance is about the same.

When talking to the sales rep at RVW yesterday I said I wanted to see a color they had listed. He said when we are ready to deal he'll go take a picture of the color and send it. Hmmmm. Might be a chilly walk out to a unit and he doesn't want to get cold unless the sale is confirmed. Really????

Days camped 2014 - 23