Old 12-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #11
We bought ours last month something we didn't really plan on we were going to wait until Jan to start looking but we saw this one and the sales mgr (who ended up being a part owner we found out) gave us an out the door price which was ok but I mentioned that yeah good price but its already 2yrs old and he was like no its not wife mentioned that the 2015's are already a yr old because they came out in April/May and she asked him if we were to trade this unit in in 2015 wouldn't he say that its 2yrs old as the 16's are out? He didn't say much just what do you want to pay for it we gave him a number that was 30% less than MSRP and he took it.
Now explaining to our daughter that she needs to cut back on a few things in her wedding next yr because mom and dad bought a camper didn't go over so well.....

VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #12
We ordered our Columbus this past Jan & yes we received a 2015 model. I knew (in most cases) most planned changes for the next model year are actually put in place late fall. What I didn't consider was that many other people also ordered that time of year so they would have it for spring camping. The busier the production line; the less QC. We got lucky & have no complaints but I worried for weeks after I realized this fact. If I order again; I will probably pick the slowest production time of the year for hopefully better QC since they aren't as rushed. Enjoying a more trouble free RV is more important to me than 1 year difference in trade or sale value. There are always pros & cons.

Wayne & Sheryl
Plus Ollie & Sophie
(they don't know they're dogs)
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320RS
"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote