Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #21

remind him that life style is worth more then a paycheck.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #22
Just as confused as you

DW and I had been camping since 1989 in tents then PUP. In 1998 we bought a TT on a seasonal site from a woman who's hubby passed and I got promoted machine operator/technician, operator part was 10 to 12 hrs x 6 days, technician part was on call 24-7.

DW would go on Friday after work and if I was lucky I'd join her Saturday afternoons. I would get Sunday morning, go home to mow lawn and wash my work clothes. Sometimes I would get to go on Friday to Sunday, but only once or twice a month. We would take the weeks of Memorial Day and Labor Day every year. I got called in 4 times during vacation over the years for troubleshooting 2x 2000hp, 2500amp DC motors controlled by PLC. Once for a relay that fell out of it's socket (15 minutes), twice for a blown SCR fuse (1/2 hour each) and once for a blown SCR & a PLC module(6 hours). I got called in 2 other times but they found a blown drive controller fuse before I got there.

After buying 2 new TT's over the years, I retired at the end of 2015 so now I'm there more than DW. Now she says it's not fair.

As others have said take the short trips, staying close to home. See if you can talk DH into a seasonal site, that way you can go without having to set up and pack up. DH could just stay for the nite. It worked for us and you can make friends with other seasonals. We had a weekend couple come over and talk to us about being seasonals and they have gone seasonal since 2007.

Whatever you do, don't give up. Make memories, new friends and
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:03 AM   #23

We have been camping for years. First in a tent, then a used trailer. We just bought our 2nd brand new trailer this week. We camp about 20-24 nights camping a year. However, there have been years of considerably less camping just because that is the way things are. Both of our regular camp grounds are approx. 35 minutes from my work; I have driven to work many times when my husband would get off work and wanted to camp, but I couldn't. We have about 8 more years before we will retire. We do not want to be fill timers in our trailer, but are looking forward to some extended trips.
gondrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanna View Post
There is a very nice RV park on the Guadalupe River, also about 10 miles from home.
I hope you were able to get some fun camping time in!

We just purchased our first RV and will be taking it out to Guadalupe State Park for our first trip next weekend. We actually camped there for the first time last year over memorial weekend, and that's when it flooded! We were TENT camping and in the middle of the night our tent got flooded with us in it. We said never again - we are too frickin' old for this. LOL It looks like there might be some rain in the forecast there next week, but at least we will have our trailer.
luvabargain is offline   Reply With Quote