Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #11
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Years ago I was speaking with a dealer at the Spring Timonium MD Show, which is coming up Feb 17-19 & 24-26. He said if you ever want to see something truely amazing show up on the Tuesday before the show opens and the line-up begins. The dealers all have a deadline for getting their units in the line to be brought inside. He said it's worthwhile to bring a chair and prepare to be amazed. These guys and girls move these units around like it's nothing.
Maybe you can buy from the line and save them the trip inside!!

spawnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #12

We just bought our new trailer at the Raleigh, NC show 2 weeks ago.It was good to have a lot of the dealers in one place.We wanted to trade in our small 14 ft and purchase a larger one without having to put money down and paying off the loan on our current trailer.We went on Saturday and spent a couple of hours looking at all the different units available and decided to see about purchasing a Grey Wolf 25RB from a local dealer.We met with the finance manager and told him what we wanted to do.He looked up our trailer in the NADA guide and offered us $300 more then what we owed I told him he would need to come up a little and he told me that the Unit we wanted to buy was priced so low that he did not have any room for offering any more for our trade.We said no thanks and went home a little disappointed.At home I did some more research online and found a Coachmen with the same floor plan and about the same price that a different dealer at the show had so we decided to go back to the show the next day and look at that one.We told the salesman what we wanted to do and he said he would run some numbers and let us know.Lo and behold he offered to pay off our trade and give a $2000 trade in allowance towards the new Coachmen.We agreed to terms and I took delivery at the dealership a couple days later.They told me since I had a trade that they could not do the deal at the show we would have to pick it up at the dealership.
Bottom line is talk to everyone until you get the deal YOU want we looked at that Grey Wolf again before we left Sunday and it still was not sold the guy was just to rigid on his price.

Steveburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
we signed for ours at a show last year, after having done our research and obtaining prices from 3-4 other dealerships, including the internet dealers. The dealer we purchased our unit from held firm to his price, even though he had quoted it two months previous. And he beat the internet dealers. Can't ask for much more than that! We ordered ours though, and had to wait 8 weeks. I don't think there's any way you could get a unit off the floor at a show. Logistically impossible.
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
When at the Ottawa show we were talking to Gary from DEE JAY rv. We told him we liked the V nose style of TT. He informed us that he had one at his dealer ship and told us to visit him after the show and we could view the unit. So not all the units that the dealer have are at the show but they will most often give you a show price on a unit that they have on their lot.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
Fire instructor. Will see you at Indy in a few months. Yes the move in and out at those big shows is fun to say the least. The wife and myself just purchased a new trailer at a RV show near us this last weekend. Looked at all of them and picked out two of them we liked with all most the same floor plan and talked price. One dealer just seemed better to deal with and did not give us the time we needed to make our mind up. Gave them a deposit on Saturday and signed all the paperwork yesterday. Hope to pick it up this Saturday if the weather is good. Then to what for spring to get here.
2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP
2016 Ford C-Max Energi
1987 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
We bought ours at the Chicago Boat & RV show, but that was really just the paperwork. They stated no reasonable offer would be denied! The RV dealer was only 6 miles from our house so that is not the same as your challenge. As for Trade In, that to could pose another problem with the dealer being "stuck" at the show with another piece of inventory. But, they are there to handle it all! Good Luck!
2003 Maxima GLE
2010 370z Convertible 6 Stick
2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2012 Tracer 3150BHD Touring Edition
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
Make it part of the deal. If they can't deliver you can't buy and get it in writing.
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #18
All real good advice, thanks for all the input. Now we will just wait and see what happens at the show. More research to do between now and March.

spawnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #19
i bought mine at a show. was expecting to haul it home but the dealer said i would need to pick it up at their lot. as soon as i signed the papers, they locked the unit for the remainder of the show (we bought on the first day).
At the dealer, we did the walk thru.
So far, it has held up except for some recent frame cracks that showed up last year.
after the fact, i was concerned that i may have paid too much. a check with some internet dealers showed that i got a slightly lower price at the show. i often wonder if they wouldn't make the same deal if u just walk into the dealership.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #20
Like jimh, we bought a new TT at the Richmond RV show last fall, and the dealer closed the TT for the rest of the show. We were very pleased with the purchase and the trade they gave us for our Surveyor, sight unseen. We then did the physical trade at the dealer's a few days later. We actually traded for a Keystone Premier model (sorry FR) but the FR forum is the best, so we plan to stick around.

Don and Laura + Critters, Eloise and Cooper
Chesapeake, VA
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote