Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #21

Several years back i went to my local dealer about two weeks ahead of the big Hershey PA show & after picking a unit I liked asked the guy what we would be willing to do (price wise) to keep me from going to the show & potentially buying something there.
To my surprise he knocked $6000 off the $15000 unit.
Now it was a leftover but I walked away feeling like I got a good deal!!
2011 Silverado 2500 4WD, LT, Ext Cab, LB
Duramax 6.6L V8 Turbo Diesel
Allison 1000 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
3 Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #22

We Purchased our new Sunseeker 3170DS last month at the RV Show. We took delivery on it a week later. I knocked a bundle off the original asking price of 87K and The way the dealer was moaning and groaning I guess we did 'ok'. (But then one never really knows)
capndinghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #23

Most dealers will give show prices at their lot. I have noticed at some shows the base price for a unit is the same as before the show. The difference is there will be a load of options added at no cost. So the savings are $$. Just do your homework before you go.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
Site Team

Glad to hear that some dealers will lock up the unit after it is sold at the show. I attended the show in Pomona CA last October and couldn't tell you how many units but it was a lot that had a sold sign but was open for viewing. I couldn't help but think I wouldn't want hundred of people coming in and playing with the unit I was buying. And there were kids with food and drinks too.

I also thought it might be an advertising method to bring people in to check out what model someone else brought while that particular unit was available for sale.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote