Old 10-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
Another rat in the race

I now understand that the feds are going to look into the situation. Most likely the feds will hit the oil companies with a fine, and pass that on to the consumer to……….round and round we go..........

TV= 2012 F-150 FX4 Supercab
FW= 2011 270ret Crusader
Hitch= Reese Pro Series 16K Hitch
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #32
Had a diesel VW Rabbit once. Got 40MPG around town, 50MPG on the highway. Of course I had to turn off the AC when entering the freeway, vibrated my teeth loose and most of the fuel savings went into more frequent oil changes and a myriad of high priced filters for fuel and air. Fuel gelled one cold winter day and had to get a ride home and wait for a warmer day.

Of course that was 25 years ago....

Oh, yes, I remember that the trade in on KBB had a diesel engine Subtraction to reduce the value due to low demand...

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #33
Another rat in the race
Not to argue to much but in this case. If I was the refineries I'ld have left too. Why operate in the red when other states are offering to help you move your whole operation, market research says you can make an instant profit in the new market, and your current state is just slapping fines left and right. Remember not one business person wants their business to just break even, I certainly don't.

Most of the wood finishing businesses (furniture and cabinets) have left the state for places like TX, FL, AZ, and UT. In many cases the states provided moving bonuses and 0% loans along with backing guaranties for repayment. as the Texas governor said a couple of years ago.

Governor: I love fishing in California I always bring back a few large ones.

Reporter: What type of fish do you go for?

Governor: Son, I don't fish for fish. I fish for businesses.

Once my house is paid off we're out of here. 8 yrs and counting.
A rainy day camping is better than any sunny day at work
2004 F250 V10 SD Xcab 2011 Wildwood T26BHXL
jar3316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #34
Well as usual the futures market is ramming it to the rest of us now Diesel price in Iowa went up to $4.18 over night. probaby be like this until after the election I figure. Then we'll see what happens when we start into a depression.
Henry & Tena
2013 Solera 24S
The Great Escape
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #35
To answer the OP's original question. We just got back from a 12 day trip to the Lake Havasu area. Fuel is cheaper once you get out of CA. We will probably make more quick trips and get out of state whenever possible, but we got our trailer to use it and until we just can't afford it that's what we intend to do.
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #36
Another thumbs up for the GasBuddy app

2013 Solera
Antiochrich is offline   Reply With Quote