Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #21
Site Team

For a short period of time I moved my TT to a inside warehouse storage place for a discounted price of $125 a month. Love the fact it was inside and sitting among many million dollars units. I only had access to it while stored indoor during business hours. There were some advantages but also some down sides as well. I moved back to my original storage place and been over all happy but not crazy about it being outdoors with no cover.

The RVs are not easily visible from the street, people can only come or go during business hours, the gate and barb wire fence are high enough to discourage jumpers. No break ins in 7 years.

Not so happy now that I received a high rate increase notice. New increase was cut from $28 down to $10. I am making arrangements to get a concrete pad to keep the TT at home.

BTW - when I checked on the price for the warehouse place the price increased to $160. Most of the places I checked for covered or indoors storage ranged from $160-$350 per month.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #22

We're paying $149/mo for a covered and locked storage unit In Dothan Ala. for our 30' surveyor. It has electricity, but I've never used it. I guess I could if I had a trickle charger.

It seems high compared to the other prices I've seen quoted on this thread. However, I like the fact that it's covered and somewhat secure in it's own little stall.

Speaking of little, it's funny to see our TT next to the big fifth wheels and the multiple Discovery Motorhomes. It seems to be so out of place.
grb2980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #23

Here in Surprise AZ I pay $37.50 per month for a 40 ft pull thru
Very interesting how much everyone is paying around the country.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #24

Paying $102 for indoor storage, no electric in East TN.
Husky Centerline Hitch

hokiecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #25

$100 a month a 40 foot spot 10 minutes west of Calgary, Alberta. A little pricey but is on the way out to the mountains and 15 minutes from my house. However it does have a dump station and potable water in the summer.
]
[SIGPIC]
skgeorgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #26

Here in Shelbyville, TN prices are 40.00 for an outside gated and 175.00 for a covered slot. I wish I could find it for 100.00 or less. I think I'm just going to build a cover at the house.
emt676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #27

You're in the high dollar area, Alpharetta, and they probably don't appreciate trashy trailers. I used to work at the Phillips Electronics office there off of Windward Parkway.

You might check with Camping World in Woodstock on Hwy 92@I-575 or move on up to around Cumming to see what is available up there. A little further away in Marietta is Three Way Campers, nice people, and I think they have RV storage there but that isn't too close to where you are. I live on the west side (Douglasville/Hiram) and $30-$50 is the norm around here. You are getting advice for everyplace except Atlanta Georgia area. Beside this post I only saw one other post relating to our area.

I did a Google search for Cumming and Classic Self Storage on GA400 had outside storage over 24' for $60/mo. Sawnee Storage was $65 for 40', North Lanier was $45-$65 for uncovered, double+ that for covered. Most covered is around $150>. I don't know if that helps but I guess you just have to shop around but get a little further out from the hustle and bustle.
There is a camper sales place in Buford, a little further out.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:22 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
For a short period of time I moved my TT to a inside warehouse storage place for a discounted price of $125 a month. Love the fact it was inside and sitting among many million dollars units. I only had access to it while stored indoor during business hours. There were some advantages but also some down sides as well. I moved back to my original storage place and been over all happy but not crazy about it being outdoors with no cover.

The RVs are not easily visible from the street, people can only come or go during business hours, the gate and barb wire fence are high enough to discourage jumpers. No break ins in 7 years.

Not so happy now that I received a high rate increase notice. New increase was cut from $28 down to $10. I am making arrangements to get a concrete pad to keep the TT at home.

BTW - when I checked on the price for the warehouse place the price increased to $160. Most of the places I checked for covered or indoors storage ranged from $160-$350 per month.
I think you will like keeping your unit at the house. As far as the cost for the pad, you will make that up by not paying rent. If you have to back it in, may I suggest to you that they lay a PVC pipe under it in case you ever want to run electric to it.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote