Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
We recently stayed at a Thousand Trails campground... I have to admit that I thought since it was "membership/club" camping, that the campground and it's sites would be much nicer than non-membership campgrounds. I was completely wrong. I was shocked how run down, small and completely open the campground was. We parked our trailer in a row of others and couldn't even have a fire without obtaining a fire ring (and $25 deposit) the next morning. Felt like it was mostly seasonal and the "seasonal kids" walked through campsites like it was their own backyard - fairly late at night too. I much prefer some trees, privacy and a little space!
Thousand Trails has hundreds of campgrounds. Can you be a little more specific in the one you stayed in?

Old 06-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #12

I stayed in 2 membership campgrounds recently. One in May at the Gettysburg Battlefield and one last weekend at The Circle M, PA. (thousand trails). I have not been impressed. The grass at my campsite (D-59) had not been cut for at least 2 weeks. Also the grass around the pool was overgrown. The indoor slide was closed on Thursday, June 13. Nothing for my teens (4) to do. Thank goodness I took their xbox. Was also told by some old timers at the Circle M that most of the Outdoor World campgrounds will be closed after Halloween.

When I asked the battlefield campground about activities they told me they won't plan activities until after memorial day.

I am heading to the Gateway at Cape Cod (outdoor world) on 7/1 - 7/4. Then on to Bayley's in Maine (public) the week after that. I'll try and give everyone the lowdown on these parks in July.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...55-albums.html
NiteNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNoise View Post
I stayed in 2 membership campgrounds recently. One in May at the Gettysburg Battlefield and one last weekend at The Circle M, PA. (thousand trails). I have not been impressed. The grass at my campsite (D-59) had not been cut for at least 2 weeks. Also the grass around the pool was overgrown. The indoor slide was closed on Thursday, June 13. Nothing for my teens (4) to do. Thank goodness I took their xbox. Was also told by some old timers at the Circle M that most of the Outdoor World campgrounds will be closed after Halloween.

When I asked the battlefield campground about activities they told me they won't plan activities until after memorial day.

I am heading to the Gateway at Cape Cod (outdoor world) on 7/1 - 7/4. Then on to Bayley's in Maine (public) the week after that. I'll try and give everyone the lowdown on these parks in July.
Circle M of Thousand Trails is known to be pretty shoddy in every way. TT Orlando is very nice as is Peace River and TT Hershey is great.