Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2015, 06:15 PM   #21

I always had a good shopping experience with CW until a week ago. I ordered a couple of items that were on sale and got an Email a few days later saying I still had items in my shopping cart and would I like to finish the order and check out?
Somehow it became a double order for the same items. Called CS and they didn't seem to know much.
Sure hope they get it squared away soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 SABRE 32 RCTS-6 Platinum
2002 F-350 SD 7.3 Powerstroke
tugger50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #22

Placed order Wednesday and still in processing. Just called Customer Service at CW. They have a backlog of incoming calls. When I did speak to a rep., she could not locate my order # and admitted the computer transition was in chaos. She transferred me to another customer service rep. who also could not locate the order to cancel. I have sent an e-mail, at her request, to cancel the order. As we speak, CW is apparently experiencing significant problems with the computer transition.

I then visited Amazon.com and ordered the same item for near $2.00 less, plus saved another $8.00 shipping at CW and Amazon shipped FREE.

Always check Amazon before ordering at CW.
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #23

This may explain the reason their Chat Line is unavailable and a reply to my email has not been answered. I placed a few items in my cart(to think about) and a couple days later they were gone. Hmmm...
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc View Post
X2

I ordered the Good Sam guide because I live in the mountains and didn't want to wait..... 6 weeks later I called and they said the Post Office lost it. They sent it via UPS! We don't have mail delivery here and UPS transferred it to the USPS. So they were nice enough to refund all costs and then two weeks later sent it out again and charged me again although I specifically said that by then I didn't want it. Well that was a few weeks ago... Anyone receive an extra guide? Ours never did show.
bboorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:33 PM   #25

Visited an actual camping world store today. It was close enough to where we are camping that I thought it would be worth the walk thru even though I am aggravated with the de boggle this week.
Spoke with a worker there that was more polite than I would have ever expected. Explained about my lost order. She found everything I needed for me, made good on sale prices and got me a good sams membership. She stated the store can't even get the stock they need because of the computer problem. She made good on it and I'm pleased with how I was treated so I guess on a few months when the computer thing settles down I will look to them again if the need arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #26

meck. Going there is always fun. You know more about what you want than they.Give them a call sometime about a part.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #27

I too had a not so good experience with CW this week. The Syracuse and Kingston stores were having computer issues. Neither received their shipments this week. Store Staff in Syracuse was not very friendly but they did help as much as they could. But never with a smile.
I live in the Albany, NY area so the next day I called the Kingston, NY store to ask if they had the item I was looking for. No store staff was available to help. Person answering the phones check computer and said yes we have 3 in stock. So I drove the hour to the store. Well I left empty handed they aren't sure if they will get their Tuesday shipment.
I do use Amazon or Wal-Mart for many items. I guess I will be using Amazon more often.
DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #28

This computer glitch is just another one of many problems with CW. It's to bad Marcus cares more about what he (the CEO) makes. You would think after a while the large amount of money he makes would no longer matter and now it is time to take care of the customers that got him that large salary. Shame.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #29
Cyber Phrenologist

Spoke to CW customer service today about my order. She said they are standing down all shipping until Tuesday after Memorial Day. In the mean time the transition to the new system is "complete" and they will work the 3 day weekend picking up all the pieces (via software)

Orders will then begin shipping like crazy Tuesday.

Having spent too many years in IT, software test and field support I understand what they as a company are going through. I would NOT want to be living in the skin of what ever software company was responsible for the mess.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:45 PM   #30

Well my lack of knowledge of the business world is apparent. CW is a private company LLC. However my dislike of the company continues.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:53 PM   #31

I spent 30 years in IT. I would have been fired for what is going on with CW computer issues. The store personal in both locations seem very distressed about having to deal with customers who are truly dissatisfied.
DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #32

Lot of sour grapes here. Computer crap happens. Having the ability to order on line sure beats out the pre-Internet days. And Pony Express. It beats that out too.

It will get fixed and then we can all go back to getting our camping-crack fix delivered to our doors again as promised. Then all will be well again in the kingdom.

Like zits, this too shall pass.
ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:29 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
Lot of sour grapes here. Computer crap happens. Having the ability to order on line sure beats out the pre-Internet days. And Pony Express. It beats that out too.

It will get fixed and then we can all go back to getting our camping-crack fix delivered to our doors again as promised. Then all will be well again in the kingdom.

I couldn't have said it any better.

The tv remote control has ruined us. We only had 2-3 tv channels to choose from. And we liked it. Now we have 300 channels and we can't find anything to watch, and we fuss about it. We go thru the drive thrus because we want our burger NOW. And on and on.

The tv remote has ruined us.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 05-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #34

chip.Damage control?
Timex. Not if ya don't sit around a watch TV all day
Old 05-24-2015, 12:44 PM   #35
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post

Yeah that was pretty much the point of my original post. It's like the road sign that says "Bump Ahead" ... sure enough, BUMP!! and then the road is smooth again.

If your order is stuck, call them, be nice, wait for it, and then go camping.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #36

We get the computer was down Radio et al. But what bring's up "the sour grapes" is CW poor customer service overall not just this little glitch. People complain about customer service Sears/Walmar/The big 3 because it is no longer there. Half the comments on this post are not about the computer problem.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #37
(Dry Huunday)

No sour grapes, no lost sleep and yes I will more than likely order from them again. I'm just saying that they could have and should have handled this better. Shiznet happens and people will understand if you stay in front of the issue. Alls good in my world.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:50 AM   #38

I had the same problem so I canceled my order and just went to the store, they priced matched and there was no shipping charges. Luckily there is a CW store close by.
waing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:14 PM   #39
Cyber Phrenologist

Wooooooot!

All the stuff I ordered back on 5/20 arrived today (5/28)

Not bad all considered, cheapest rate shipping, a computer system(s) boondoggle and a 3 day holiday weekend to boot.

I installed the Vortex fan I ordered already, and found that in spite of the Maxx-Aire vent covers the UV/heat has busted a hole in the vent cover. So yeah, I guess I'll be ordering from Camping World again!

Old 05-28-2015, 07:33 PM   #40

1 day!

I placed an order on Tuesday for about $177. Guess what came in the mail on Wednesday? A coupon for 10% off my next order over $75.

If I had waited 1 DAY LONGER!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3

Tags
camping