Old 05-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #11

Camping World has its place in the RV community ... mostly huge inventory an lotsa choices. However for those of you ordering online ... there are several websites that any day of the week beat CW prices and or shipping costs and have similar inventory. Tweetys, PPL Motorhomes, Dyers ... just to name a few.

Beware of CW "sale prices" and member discounts on big ticket items ... get past the word sale price, shop around, and save some bucks for fuel on your next trip.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #12

I'm with dieselguy. Shop around. Wally world has most of the regular RV stuff hoses/fittings/chemicals/towing stuff ect. It is always cheaper than CW and you can have it shipped to your local store for free.

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #13

We've ordered several times online - and never had a problem - with shipping costs or coupon codes, etc. We've never had any service done at our local store (Belleville, MI), and don't expect to. We'll go to our dealer (Westland Camping) if we need something done. I think that the quality of the CW's vary greatly from store to store. Anytime there is a computer change, there are always glitches - regardless of how vetted the changes are. Sorry for your troubles - and yes - BE NICE. The poor customer service person is just a unfortunate pawn in this case.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:42 PM   #14

I placed an order on Sunday the 17th, called them yesterday and got the speil about the system being upgraded but they told me it was shipping and I would receive an email. So today still no email and the order page is still all messed up.

This was my first purchase with them, must say I'm not impressed. Glad to know I'm not alone though.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #15
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
I'm with dueselguy. Shop around. Wally world has most of the regular RV stuff hoses/fittings/chemicals/towing stuff ect. It is always cheaper than CW and you can have it shipped to your local store for free.
Yup I do too! Dyer's usually wins out but sometime CW does!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #16

Put an order in ten days ago. Still nothing at the door this morning. We check the order status and same crap as others have experienced "still processing".They offered free shipping but we declined and cancelled the order. If we hadn't have checked or called who knows if this would have ever been caught by their "system", I feel they dropped the ball and don't know that I will be going back to them for any future orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-22-2015, 01:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
Ordered a new microwave/convection oven not long ago....never had a problem.
Before the glitch?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzfamily View Post
We've ordered several times online - and never had a problem - with shipping costs or coupon codes, etc. We've never had any service done at our local store (Belleville, MI), and don't expect to. We'll go to our dealer (Westland Camping) if we need something done. I think that the quality of the CW's vary greatly from store to store. Anytime there is a computer change, there are always glitches - regardless of how vetted the changes are. Sorry for your troubles - and yes - BE NICE. The poor customer service person is just a unfortunate pawn in this case.
The customer service person is aware of this problem and can help out with answers. Don't ask for the part# of a 5" drop ball mount.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #19

Amazon Prime

FYI, almost anything you can purchase on-line from Camping World can be found on Amazon Prime with a lot better shipping service including weekend delivery. I've become a big fan of theirs since finding an "obsolete" part for our TV.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #20

I have found Amazon a good place to order RV parts and supplies especially with my prime membership.

Tags
camping