Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
Cyber Phrenologist

Exclamation Camping World order system problems

First, they are being very nice about it.

Camping World is migrating from their "old" order system to the "new" order system and trying, with varying degrees of success, to get the two to talk to each other.

IF you have ordered or intend to order from CW in the last few days go to the web page, sign in and check the order status. If there is no order number you will need to speak to customer service. (number in upper right corner of their page) They will get it fixed manually in a few minutes.

And be nice.

You might check your bank account online to see if the account was debited. And have the order confirmation email handy, THAT part still seems to be working OK.

And be nice.

Oh, and shipping is taking about 2 days longer because of this.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:01 PM   #2

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-21-2015, 05:12 PM   #3

I'm done with Camping World--never to grace their door or online ordering again. Good luck to those of you who do.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:13 PM   #4
Cyber Phrenologist

BTW This was posted 21 May 15.

The issues should be resolved in a week or two.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:48 AM   #5
fmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
I'm done with Camping World--never to grace their door or online ordering again. Good luck to those of you who do.

X2
fmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:22 AM   #6
(Dry Huunday)

I'm dealing with the same issue. Yes they will happily explain what the issue is and give you your order number....BUT, as I told the agent I spoke with they should have put a notice explaining all of this somewhere in the order process so that people would know going in what was going on and then they could decide if they wanted to continue with the purchase. Two thumbs down for CW right now.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:27 AM   #7

Ordered a new microwave/convection oven not long ago....never had a problem.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:36 AM   #8

I try to avoid ordering from them online. I've found that the coupon codes usually don't work & the shipping is usually calculated separately for each item leading to outrageous shipping charges. Our local Camping World store I like going into because no salesman come up and bother me and follow me around the store.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #9

I order from Camping World lots because I live very far from RV suppliers and I have never had a problem. If you are a Good Sam you should be able to get free shipping. It may require a minimum purchase like $100 or you may need an up scale type membership. I have never paid for shipping at Camping World.
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:09 AM   #10
(Dry Huunday)

I've ordered from them many times before and probably will again. I just think that they have handled this current situation poorly.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
Old 05-22-2015, 09:46 AM   #11

Camping World has its place in the RV community ... mostly huge inventory an lotsa choices. However for those of you ordering online ... there are several websites that any day of the week beat CW prices and or shipping costs and have similar inventory. Tweetys, PPL Motorhomes, Dyers ... just to name a few.

Beware of CW "sale prices" and member discounts on big ticket items ... get past the word sale price, shop around, and save some bucks for fuel on your next trip.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:32 AM   #12

I'm with dieselguy. Shop around. Wally world has most of the regular RV stuff hoses/fittings/chemicals/towing stuff ect. It is always cheaper than CW and you can have it shipped to your local store for free.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #13

We've ordered several times online - and never had a problem - with shipping costs or coupon codes, etc. We've never had any service done at our local store (Belleville, MI), and don't expect to. We'll go to our dealer (Westland Camping) if we need something done. I think that the quality of the CW's vary greatly from store to store. Anytime there is a computer change, there are always glitches - regardless of how vetted the changes are. Sorry for your troubles - and yes - BE NICE. The poor customer service person is just a unfortunate pawn in this case.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:42 AM   #14

I placed an order on Sunday the 17th, called them yesterday and got the speil about the system being upgraded but they told me it was shipping and I would receive an email. So today still no email and the order page is still all messed up.

This was my first purchase with them, must say I'm not impressed. Glad to know I'm not alone though.
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #15
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
I'm with dueselguy. Shop around. Wally world has most of the regular RV stuff hoses/fittings/chemicals/towing stuff ect. It is always cheaper than CW and you can have it shipped to your local store for free.
Yup I do too! Dyer's usually wins out but sometime CW does!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
Old 05-22-2015, 11:58 AM   #16

Put an order in ten days ago. Still nothing at the door this morning. We check the order status and same crap as others have experienced "still processing".They offered free shipping but we declined and cancelled the order. If we hadn't have checked or called who knows if this would have ever been caught by their "system", I feel they dropped the ball and don't know that I will be going back to them for any future orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
Ordered a new microwave/convection oven not long ago....never had a problem.
Before the glitch?
Old 05-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzfamily View Post
We've ordered several times online - and never had a problem - with shipping costs or coupon codes, etc. We've never had any service done at our local store (Belleville, MI), and don't expect to. We'll go to our dealer (Westland Camping) if we need something done. I think that the quality of the CW's vary greatly from store to store. Anytime there is a computer change, there are always glitches - regardless of how vetted the changes are. Sorry for your troubles - and yes - BE NICE. The poor customer service person is just a unfortunate pawn in this case.
The customer service person is aware of this problem and can help out with answers. Don't ask for the part# of a 5" drop ball mount.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #19

Amazon Prime

FYI, almost anything you can purchase on-line from Camping World can be found on Amazon Prime with a lot better shipping service including weekend delivery. I've become a big fan of theirs since finding an "obsolete" part for our TV.
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #20

I have found Amazon a good place to order RV parts and supplies especially with my prime membership.
clydngail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping