Old 10-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #1

Angry Can't get Forest River to give us prices on Parts

Sooo, frustrated, we had a fender bender last month, have a repair shop who has been trying to get Forest River to give him prices on parts he needs to repair our rig. No one from Forest River answers his calls, it seems once you purchase a unit from Forest River they are done with you. Our insurance co had issues also and finely they got some answers but, not all they needed. It really makes me mad that I bought an expensive fifth wheel, all our dealings with Forest River have been like pulling teeth, no one want to give good customer service from Forest River..So here we sit with a damaged RV, can't get Forest River to help us with our parts problem..The repair shop told us that Forest River is the hardest RV manufacture they have ever had to deal with.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Director, FROG

hihosilver, please let me know what brand your fifth wheel is, and I can get you the warranty and parts/service phone numbers. It will help when you call them to have the last 7 digits of the VIN available.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Site Team

Sorry to hear about the delay but I hope you will consider taking Bob's offer of getting contact information to you. I wouldn't be surprised that you will be able to get the ball rolling. Not saying that FR is perfect or hasn't ever dropped the ball but it's not uncommon to find out the delay was actually with the repair service department blaming FR. I don't know if this is true in your case but the bottom line is that you need to get your RV repair and get out enjoying it again.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #4

Hihosilver: I, too, had parts ordered from Forest River. Ordered them on August 28th, 2013. I called on September 27th and was told the parts department was only filling orders up to August 20, 2013.

I cancelled the order, went to Camping World and had the part in a week.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #5

Hi Four Wheelers, we need body parts and to my knowledge we have to get them from Forest River, we were finely able to reach Jeff Richardson and he was able to give the repair shop prices, now it is up to the insurance adjuster and the shop to reach an agreement. I am amazed that most insurance Company's who insure RVs don't know what they are doing when they assess a claim. The prices that the insurance Company were way off and they have not told us where they got the prices, certainly not from Forest River. Thank you for your input, this is such a good forum, lots of good RVers out there with good ideas and information.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #6

Hi Guy's, not trying to de-rail your thread but since it's about parts has anyone tried to order touch up paint for their RV ?

Thanks and I hope you get your parts real soon.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax1911 View Post
Hi Guy's, not trying to de-rail your thread but since it's about parts has anyone tried to order touch up paint for their RV ? Thanks and I hope you get your parts real soon.
I used Marine Tex to fill a puncture in my sidewall. The color matched fine with the gel coat.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I needed two storage locker doors I sent an email to April at Georgetown warranty with the vin # and description. I got an email right back that she had passed it on to parts. I got a call from parts that afternoon with the price and they would need to make them so would be about three weeks. I gave him me credit card # and asked to have them delivered to the body shop. They shipped them and even with needing to cross the border they were here a little sooner then I expected.
I was very pleased with the service I got.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #9

Forest River Parts

I think it is who you get in touch with at Forest River, when we finely had our repair shop get in touch with Richardson, he was very prompt at getting the information we needed. The repair shop said they were dealing with a woman who had an attitude of I don't care. I know Jeff Richardson will be our go to guy from now on.. He does care and gets things done..

Tags
forest river, parts