Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #1

Coach-Net Roadside Assistance-Opinions

I am considering purchasing a Coach-Net plan instead of renewing AAA plan. Our unit came with one year Coach-Net plan but we never needed to use it. Price seems reasonable with FROG discount. I would like to hear from anyone who has had experience with Coach-Net or has an opinion.
Thanks
Husky Centerline Hitch

hokiecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiecampers View Post
I am considering purchasing a Coach-Net plan instead of renewing AAA plan. Our unit came with one year Coach-Net plan but we never needed to use it. Price seems reasonable with FROG discount. I would like to hear from anyone who has had experience with Coach-Net or has an opinion.
Thanks
I might be biased, but we've had them for 12 years and have always been very pleased. We've used them about 4 or 5 times, from a double blowout on a Sportscoach the first year we had them to a tow last year when we had a bad fuel pressure sensor.

Our experience with them is why I contacted them about setting up a discount program for new and renewal coverage.

If you want new coverage, go through the link on the first page of the FROG website. For renewals, call their toll-free number (also on the site) and tell them you're with FROG.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
New to Forest River

We've had our AAA RV add-on for years. What's the advantage of switching to Coach-Net ?
Graduated from 1999 Dodge Ram Extended 2wd 5.9L &
2005 Prowler Lynx Ultralite 29BHS
Mikedboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #4

Hey guys first of all AAA plus RV does not cover your trailer if your truck break down.They will tow it off the road for you to a safe place but will not take it home.I been thru it twice so I drop the RV part. The only way they will tow it if it is disable.If you look in the hand book it states that under the RV part.And I talk to Coach-Net and they told me they would tow it to a campground ,rest area or to a garage. So if anybody find something better please let me know
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #5

Thumbs down coach net

Yes when i was young and stupid. Never again. I had them once, and i should have forgotten about it, but they cost me out of my pocket 1500 bucks. Without all the detailes, if they were the only one left to choose from, i would take my chances. ( i'm just sayin)
Mission, TX
2013-100..2014-180..2015-175..0
genecusano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #6

Thumbs up

Good Sam Road Service ( i'm just sayin)
Mission, TX
Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #7

I check with Good Sam's to and it is about the same as the rest. only good thing with them i think you get a discount with camping world
Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
I check with Good Sam's to and it is about the same as the rest. only good thing with them i think you get a discount with camping world
Ya, its not the cost. Its the attitude in 2000. I paid them $320 for 3 yrs. I had a break down that was my fault, they made phone call but refused to pay the tow. After mounths of arguing i got my money back.
Mission, TX
Old 03-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #9

We have changed to coach net when we got our new trailer,we had good sam s for our old trailer had a car hit our truck in sc and drive us into jersy barrier lost truck and trailer several wittnesses and the car left the scene they refused any and all assistance , all the things they say they offer got none......they take your money and offer the world but they kept giving excuses on the phone no customer service
massachusetts
pony express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #10

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony express View Post
We have changed to coach net when we got our new trailer,we had good sam s for our old trailer had a car hit our truck in sc and drive us into jersy barrier lost truck and trailer several wittnesses and the car left the scene they refused any and all assistance , all the things they say they offer got none......they take your money and offer the world but they kept giving excuses on the phone no customer service
I've had to use Good Sam Road Asst. several times, not had a problem. I had to use Coach Net once, and a big problem. If it where to happen with Good Sam like it did you I would have 2 on SH---t LIST . Just remember this thread is an opinnion, everyone has one.
Mission, TX
Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
New to Forest River

All I've had with my AAA RV ins is several tire blowouts. They have responded quickly and painlessly each time.
Graduated from 1999 Dodge Ram Extended 2wd 5.9L &
2005 Prowler Lynx Ultralite 29BHS
Mikedboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedboyd View Post
We've had our AAA RV add-on for years. What's the advantage of switching to Coach-Net ?
Realize that AAA RV is a regional program, not national such as Good Sam or coach net. In northern CA, AAA would not even tow my truck, (did not have trailer at the time). Instead AAA just left me on the side of the highway.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #13

I had the free coach net, I called them and never did get a tow truck. After about 3 hrs. I gave up and called a towing company and they where there in 15 mins. I now have Good Sam's I hope if I need them they are better and got a discount bought 2 years at $79.00 per year but they offered 3 if I wanted it for the same price.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #14

Hey guys this is what I found out about Good Sams. If you get the platinum one that cost 159.99 for 15 months for new customers and 179.99 for old.They will tow you anywhere you want up to 100 miles that is both truck and trailer.That what I was told and that what im looking for.I contact AAA and I didn't get a response yet.So I will get it for a back up along with my AAA in time
Old 03-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #15

Send a message via ICQ to ByronCR Send a message via AIM to ByronCR Send a message via MSN to ByronCR Send a message via Yahoo to ByronCR Send a message via Skype™ to ByronCR
I had Coach-Net on a previous trailer that I owned. I called them and they basically told me that they couldn't help me. I ended up spending a few hours fixing the trailer myself (enough to get it to a repair shop). The next day I made sure to change vendors. I am now with Good Sam but have not had to use them yet.
ByronCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronCR View Post
I had Coach-Net on a previous trailer that I owned. I called them and they basically told me that they couldn't help me. I ended up spending a few hours fixing the trailer myself (enough to get it to a repair shop). The next day I made sure to change vendors. I am now with Good Sam but have not had to use them yet.
Byron, I'm sorry, and quite frankly surprised, to hear of your experience. I've had to call Coach-Net four times with RV issues, starting about 10 or 11 years ago with a double blowout on the right rear tires of a Sportscoach.

Three hours and one minute later we were back on the road with two brand new tires. I paid for the tires themselves, but for nothing else.

My most recent call on an RV was last June, when they dispatched mobile service, and later a tow, when we had a high presser fuel sensor go bad on a CAT engine. They also delivered fuel so that I could continue to run the generator as needed in 104-degree weather.

We've called them twice over the years with issues on the car, and they've always come through like champs.

BTW, FROG gets nothing from your membership with Coach-Net. The $10 discount goes into your pocket. Forest River thinks highly enough of their service to provide a free membership with any new Forest River RV you purchase.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #17

Send a message via ICQ to ByronCR Send a message via AIM to ByronCR Send a message via MSN to ByronCR Send a message via Yahoo to ByronCR Send a message via Skype™ to ByronCR
I'm not trying to say Coach Net is bad, I'm sure that I caught them on one of those rare occasions, but I just didn't want to take that chance again. As many other people have mentioned they have had good experiences and bad with others. I can say I am fortunate in the fact I have not had to use my coverage since that day.
ByronCR is offline   Reply With Quote