Old 10-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
Brand new rockwood owners

Considering a Forest River proud

Hello all,

My wife and I are considering purchasing a RV and have been looking at Forest River 5th wheel products. We are looking at the Spartan and Rockwood units. Also considering a toy hauler.

When we start looking at reviews on (ALL RV's) there are tons of negatives, we are looking for some feedback from any Forest River owners.

Thanks.

Dick and Jeanne Bird
Golden, Colorado

Old 10-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #2

In general, you can't go wrong with any Forest River product. Forest River seems to really stand behind their product and go the extra mile to ensure their customers are happy.

Sure, you can look around and find unhappy campers, but they are the minority, by far. Forest River doesn't leave much for people to complain about. Your money is well-spent on whichever Forest River RV you go with.

Bruce

Old 10-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #3

We have owned 12 different Rv's during the past 30 years and all of them had a problem now and then. I'm sure you realize that there are a lot of RV's sold and used every year. You need to understand that most of the posts that are negative are folks frustrated with their RV's and really isn't a true cross section of RV owners. The silent majority typically doesn't get into forums and rave about the great product they bought, the wonderful service they receive from their dealer and the miles, and miles, of trouble free fun they experience each camping season.
Now, all that being said, be prepared for some problems initially as you get your new RV "sorted out". I view the quality of current day RV's as reminiscent of the US manufactured cars of the 70's. I bought a few new cars then and typically had to return to the dealer a few times to get the car "sorted out". I'm much happier with the cars/trucks I've bought in the past few years as I drove them out of the dealership and returned 5,000 miles later for a oil change.
Even with the greatly improved quality of todays cars, if you go to any of the car forums, you'll find a lot of folks very unhappy with their new car and telling everyone to "stay away from XXXX brand car".
The bottom line is pick a RV you like, buy from a dealer that has a good reputation on price and service, and get on with your purchase. RV'ing is a terrific "lifestyle" and we have enjoyed it for a long, long time!

PS-we couldn't be more pleased with every aspect of the 2 Forest River (Wildcat MAXX TT's) we've owned during the past few years!!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:11 AM   #4

I was just reading where someone had purchased a 5er off the dealers lot. The slide leaked real bad right after the purchase. The dealer fixed but still leaked. FR gave them a brand new coach no questions asked.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #5

We have had 4 Forest River products, one travel trailer and 3 fifth wheels. One out of four was very bad. Just pick the camper you like and a dealer that gives good service and you will be fine. Just about campers will have a little something wrong with them, just don't get upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #6

It is more important to find a good dealer than manufacturer. Research heavily on what dealer you use. My dealer is a dud. Very dishonest.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #7

PS ALL RV's have their issues including new and used regardless of the manufacturer. The important thing is to get the floor plan you like for a price within your budget.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
We have owned 12 different Rv's during the past 30 years and all of them had a problem now and then. I'm sure you realize that there are a lot of RV's sold and used every year. You need to understand that most of the posts that are negative are folks frustrated with their RV's and really isn't a true cross section of RV owners. The silent majority typically doesn't get into forums and rave about the great product they bought, the wonderful service they receive from their dealer and the miles, and miles, of trouble free fun they experience each camping season.
Now, all that being said, be prepared for some problems initially as you get your new RV "sorted out". I view the quality of current day RV's as reminiscent of the US manufactured cars of the 70's. I bought a few new cars then and typically had to return to the dealer a few times to get the car "sorted out". I'm much happier with the cars/trucks I've bought in the past few years as I drove them out of the dealership and returned 5,000 miles later for a oil change.
Even with the greatly improved quality of todays cars, if you go to any of the car forums, you'll find a lot of folks very unhappy with their new car and telling everyone to "stay away from XXXX brand car".
The bottom line is pick a RV you like, buy from a dealer that has a good reputation on price and service, and get on with your purchase. RV'ing is a terrific "lifestyle" and we have enjoyed it for a long, long time!

PS-we couldn't be more pleased with every aspect of the 2 Forest River (Wildcat MAXX TT's) we've owned during the past few years!!!
Totally agree. Some problems are caused by owners not knowing how to maintain or protect unit from the elements. I also have boats and they willl try your patience if neglected. Happy Trails!
Old 10-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #9

I just completed an 11,700 mile trip to Alaska with my 2011 Cedar Creek fiver. I drove over some of the roughest roads in North America and never had an issue. My 34SATS came thru with flying colors. I definitely have no problems with Cedar Creek or Forest River. I have had a few small things in the past, completely taken care of by my dealer or at the Rally. When I buy a new unit it will be a Forest River product.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:03 PM   #10

Well I am one of the silent ones. We have been the proud owners of a R-Pod 179. I will say it did have a coupe "off the lot" issues which were correct by the dealer.

dscampers

Tags
forest river