Old 11-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #41

Scott moody at total value was our salesman and a great one at that....gave me a great trade value to allow me to buy our new one...even used the small place outside the gate to hook up over night....did not have a chance to check out the local food areas..

Old 11-19-2015, 06:23 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
Scott moody at total value was our salesman and a great one at that....gave me a great trade value to allow me to buy our new one...even used the small place outside the gate to hook up over night....did not have a chance to check out the local food areas..

Ya Scott has a restaurant somewhere on the south end of town that you get a 10% if you know him. Not sure if he know the owner or what. I have not been to it but I guess they have great steaks.

Russell

Old 11-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #43

We don't miss that road wander or the "I think I can" climb up a mountain of our gasser. It is also nice to not have to scream at each other over the engine noise. (Now we have to search for reasons to scream at each other, but we seem to find a way!)
As far as "glamping"? LOL! My idea of "roughing it" is a fuzzy satellite signal!! But it is nice to bring your own bed wherever you go. Also when driving on long trips it is nice to be able to stand up and walk around a bit. (Make sure someone else is driving though, the State Troopers really hate it when you take a walk during driving).
In the end the most important thing is Are YOU happy with the coach/RV/5er/Tent/etc. that you camp in? Sure, there will always be something "better" out there (that's why God made Provosts). But starting out with the best isn't as much fun as working your way up to your AHHH moment in your RVing choice. Enjoy what you buy, and if you aren't happy with it, let your next purchase be a fun journey to embark on.
Good Luck!
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Well we always have our RV. So no motel-- Essenhaus restaurant in middlebury. And for Best hamburgers in town it's the Flipping Cow. Just west and north on 19 from total value. Then for the best deli carry out it is the Martin Food store. They have everything- salad bar--hot & cold sandwiches --all kinds of complete dinners. At the corner of CR 4 & 19. Again just west of Total Value.

And remember free camping at TV if you buy there. Shipshewana large Amish community 15 mile to the east. Shopping & food there too

Not too sure about that February stuff in northern Indiana !!
Thanks Russell!

Feb will be a required trip to visit Anne-Marie 's mother in MI - we may swing by FR if they have anything new to show us.

When we make the 4-6 times a year 3-4 day visit to Anne-Marie 's mom, in the sedan that gets 30MPG on the highway That's why we wind up staying in hotels.

That is a good deal about the RV site @ TV. Dave told us about that as a Perk for TV customers. Nice to know you will always have a place to overnight when you are in Elkhart!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
We don't miss that road wander or the "I think I can" climb up a mountain of our gasser. It is also nice to not have to scream at each other over the engine noise. (Now we have to search for reasons to scream at each other, but we seem to find a way!)
As far as "glamping"? LOL! My idea of "roughing it" is a fuzzy satellite signal!! But it is nice to bring your own bed wherever you go. Also when driving on long trips it is nice to be able to stand up and walk around a bit. (Make sure someone else is driving though, the State Troopers really hate it when you take a walk during driving).
In the end the most important thing is Are YOU happy with the coach/RV/5er/Tent/etc. that you camp in? Sure, there will always be something "better" out there (that's why God made Provosts). But starting out with the best isn't as much fun as working your way up to your AHHH moment in your RVing choice. Enjoy what you buy, and if you aren't happy with it, let your next purchase be a fun journey to embark on.
Good Luck!
Karen
X2 Karen! NOTHING like bringing your own bed with you. Especially after our stay in both Elkhart & MI. Both of those hotels were the pits (FWIW, The one in Elkhart is being rennovated and should be OK in the future--the manager was VERY apologetic about the shape our room was in).

Even when we get the Berkie, we will still have issues about where to camp when we visit Anne-Marie's mom in MI - she is in Eastpointe and the closest RV park (that wouldn't require an armed guard ) is Algonac St park - and that is a 40-ish mile drive from where mom lives

LOL RE: Walking when driving

I also understand that is a trooper sees the Nagvigator <G> wandering around, they are likely to pull you over and give yoyu a "no-seatbelt" ticket
Old 11-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #46

Hey Bama, you guys do much on the left coast of Michigan? There are tons of places to stay and much to do. Can't believe that I'm in Michigan most of the time when exploring. We have done the west, south and some east the last few years, but plan on spending the next couple exploring this beautiful state.

Rich
Old 11-19-2015, 04:41 PM   #47

Hey Rich -- Thanks for the tips!

Our issue is we go to MI to visit Anne-Marie's 93 YO mom so staying reasonably close to Eastpoint, MI is the critical point. So far, Algonac is the closest RV CG we have found. If you know of others that are close to Eastpoint, please let us know.

Oh, we DID find one closer (mileage-wise) but it is in Ontario CA...not sure I want to deal with the Ambassador Bridge on a daily basis
Old 11-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #48

Sorry Bama, don't know anything on that side of the state. Originally a buckeye, but moved to western Michigan in '99.

Rich
Old 11-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
X2 Karen! NOTHING like bringing your own bed with you. Especially after our stay in both Elkhart & MI. Both of those hotels were the pits (FWIW, The one in Elkhart is being rennovated and should be OK in the future--the manager was VERY apologetic about the shape our room was in).

Even when we get the Berkie, we will still have issues about where to camp when we visit Anne-Marie's mom in MI - she is in Eastpointe and the closest RV park (that wouldn't require an armed guard ) is Algonac St park - and that is a 40-ish mile drive from where mom lives

LOL RE: Walking when driving

I also understand that is a trooper sees the Nagvigator <G> wandering around, they are likely to pull you over and give yoyu a "no-seatbelt" ticket
Hi Bob,
I guess we are lucky. When we visit Rick's mom in Florida we park our RV in her backyard. She has 2 acres of property and full FU. She lives in Crystal River, Florida. It is a fantastic, quaint, little town. And from looking at some of the Florida campground reservation sites, it looks like our spot at her house is the last available camp site in the State of Florida! I think stocks are a waste of time, our retirement money needs to go into buying a campground in Florida!!
Yes, you are right about the Navigator's movements! I try not to loiter in the cockpit area. That is asking for trouble, besides the rear of the MH gives me walls to steady myself while underway. Although, the roads in Louisiana are so bad, even the walls don't help!!

Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #50

The big reason I got rid of my diesel pick up cost of the maintance could just amagan 40 ft trailer

Tags
diesel, gas, motorhome