Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2015, 09:04 PM   #1

Covers

Help, I am trying to purchase a cover for our 28' fifth wheel and there are so many to choose from and mixed reviews that I don't know which to buy, so I thought I would check to see if anyone could share their thoughts or suggestions.
cheryl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:34 AM   #2

I just purchased the Expedition cover and it is the best that i have seen in person.good luck. http://www.expeditioncovers.com
Old 05-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #3

Will I do not want to be a downer but save the money and use it on something else.

What you need to realize is that most cover will move around slightly do to wind when in storage. As the wind blows and the cover moves this will wear the material/paint under the cover; such as the roof corners. Moisture can also be retain in some cases which will lead to mold/mildew. Another problem is that most covers only last between two and three years and then they need to be replace.

I have own two other 5er's and I am on my third one now and I have never use any covers at all. Do dealers store their used and new trailers under covers before they are marketed for sale? Do full-timers use them as they stay in their fiver?

We picked up our new 5er this week and the DW asked the dealer principle and our salesman if we needed a cover for the 5er. They both stated don't buy one they are a waste of money and wear the roof material corners.

Just my very humble opinion.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:37 AM   #4

Have owned nine rvs and always covered them all but one and it faded pretty quick and the others always looked new.I will always spend the money to keep mine looking new!Maybe if you are in a windy area you might think about what Jim said but i have alot of trees and very little wind.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:10 AM   #5

Those do look like nice covers.

I had to send them an e-mail as they do not seem to make covers to fit high wall pop ups. Not sure why they make an 18' cover that will not fit any pop up produced today that it would fit. In fact, it does not appear that any pop up cover made by them would fit any current production model over 12'. They just seem too low. They are long enough but too low.

Maybe they can make a custom one. I have not heard back from them yet. I will post the reply.

The product sure looks good if you can fine one to fit.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:24 AM   #6

Thanks
cheryl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #7

I have a 29;TT and tried the cover once. It was too hard to install myself, it needs a ladder to install. Just too cumbersome, st o I built a barn for it. Most cost efficient would have been a rv car port. You need to get it out of the weather and sun exposure.
laurajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #8

We have never covered ours. This will be our 4th summer with this one with no fading.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
Have owned nine rvs and always covered them all but one and it faded pretty quick and the others always looked new.I will always spend the money to keep mine looking new!Maybe if you are in a windy area you might think about what Jim said but i have alot of trees and very little wind.
I am new to forum and also have a 2016 25dks with ladder and spare tire. What length cover did you order for your 25dks?

Thanks - Rick
rmillermtsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover