Old 10-18-2016, 08:58 PM   #11
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by JRad View Post
In regards to the payload it is 1554lb. Learning a lot here but still confused. Is the grey wolf 26dbh too much for my truck? Not sure if it helps but it has the trailer towing button and the brake control.

Thank you again for any help
Well, you should be fine but be aware of payload.

The trailer's loaded tongue weight and the WDH, will easily put you at or over 1000lbs.
Leaving you around 500lbs for people and cargo in the truck.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Sometimes some real surprises leave Indiana.
This is not only one of the best lines I've ever heard,but also the best advice! My wife and I spent a couple hours hanging out in the GW plant while it was running last year.We will leave it at that.

trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #13
If you are going custom, have them put in the backing for a ladder. That way you can carry surfboards OR kayak there. I don't think it will handle both. I have the Grey Wolf 23 BD and we really like it. I asked about adding a ladder and the salesman said of course it can be added. He did not mention we would have to take the paneling off the back of the bathroom and around the tub to add backing boards to attach the ladder. Now I need to figure out a different way to install a wind generator.
Chuck & Denise + Pata a.k.a the campground Gladys Karvitz
He is a picker, photographer, hiker. She is a quilter.
Both big nature lovers.
2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:17 PM   #14
We're in the same boat here on the California Central Coast. Trying to do all the research I can to get the best price. I've been using RV Wholesalers quotes to try and strike a deal. So far it looks like it would definitely be worth the while to order from RVW and drive it back. We want a class C Forester and many of the units I found here in California do not have the levelers. I can order one with levelers and still come in way under any of the "best" prices locally.
Camperroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:25 PM   #15
Originally Posted by JRad View Post
I am new to the forum and am hoping to get some help. I live in San Diego and have been looking purchasing the Grey Wolf 26DBH. This will be the first trailer I have ever purchased and am trying to do all my homework before I pull the trigger. Here is a list of questions that I am hoping someone can help me with.

1. I understand that many Forest River brands with same floor plans are very similar with small differences. When it comes to looks we like the modern look but I am not sure what else to look at for differences in trailers so what is your opinion on the Grey Wolf compared to other brands?

2. The local dealer in Temecula did not have exactly what I wanted so I started looking at purchasing from the manufacturer and came across a company that will custom order one for me at a great price but they are located in Indiana close to the plant so it will cost me $3750 to ship it here. I understand they have plants here on the west cost so do you have any recommendations for a wholesale dealer closer to me that would be able to match pricing and cut down on shipping costs?

3. I own a 2013 Ford F150 supercrew FX4 with towing capacity of 7750 according to the specs. This trailer will weigh almost 6k dry and I am trying to choose a sway control brand and size. Opinions on Husky, E2 or other brand?

4. I have a 10 ft kayak and surfboards that I want to take with me on my trips. I would prefer to attach it to the trailer in some way but I am not sure how. My options are the roof or the back but there isn't really many tie down spots. Does anyone else have good ideas of strapping larger objects down.

If you answer this post thank you for your help.
#3 Equalizer 4 point with sway control. You are at the edge so get 1200# bars.

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote