Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #1

Deal or no Deal?

We are looking to purchase our first TT. Been negotiating with different dealers and believe I am at the best deal I am going to get. MSRP is $22,954. Lowest price so far is $15,062.00. Deal or no Deal?
Campinginva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
DW's 401(k) Plan

What TT are you looking at?

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
Site Team

My advice would be that if at the end of the day you are happy with the deal then go for it.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
My advice would be that if at the end of the day you are happy with the deal then go for it.
X2. It is a good deal if you are happy with both the tt and the price. Once the deal is made, DON'T WORRY about whether you could have gotten another $100 or $500 or whatever off the price. Just enjoy your new travel trailer.

Congratulations on whatever you get
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Make sure you're getting out the door pricing. That includes taxes, license, prep, etc. You might want to include hitch too if you need one. Get one or two other quotes from competing dealers, on line or wherever. You then can really see how competitive the dealer you have is. You might be able to get a lower price if you can show a better price elsewhere. Also consider the reputation of the dealer and their service. You WILL have service issues and you want to able to take it back where customer loyalty means something. Sometimes paying more for a dealer that is easier to drive too makes more sense than buying long distance.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
Also consider the reputation of the dealer and their service. You WILL have service issues and you want to able to take it back where customer loyalty means something. Sometimes paying more for a dealer that is easier to drive too makes more sense than buying long distance.
I strongly suggest you follow this. I would gladly pay $$$ for better service than I am getting now.
simplyrwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #7

We are looking at a Shamrock 183 Hybrid
Campinginva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
Site Team

price the Shamrock's twin, the Roo 183 from RVW and RVDirect and use their prices for comparison.
if it's close, go with the local Shamrock dealer. they are the exact same trailers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #9

Service after the sale is more important than saving a few bucks. Choose your dealer wisely. Then
Old 10-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #10

I've been looking at the Roo 183 model as suggested above, got quotes from RVDirect of $15,630, which was beat by Wana Rv in Indiana, they quoted $15,250. Can't find one from RV Wholesalers, but I think their price was a bit higher. Are you buying one off the lot or ordering? The prices I quoted were for ordered units. Really like this model! Good luck
dawnco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
Make sure you're getting out the door pricing. That includes taxes, license, prep, etc. You might want to include hitch too if you need one. Get one or two other quotes from competing dealers, on line or wherever. You then can really see how competitive the dealer you have is. You might be able to get a lower price if you can show a better price elsewhere. Also consider the reputation of the dealer and their service. You WILL have service issues and you want to able to take it back where customer loyalty means something. Sometimes paying more for a dealer that is easier to drive too makes more sense than buying long distance.
I wholly agree with both of the above. No two deals are the same and you'll make yourself crazy if you compare against your neighbor.

If you're happy, pull the trigger and go camping!

On edit, in fact- I saved less than 500 but have an 80 mile longer (one-way) commute to the dealer. I have regret that I didn't let my cheapness get the best of me.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #12

I also agree that saving some $$$ but having to drive a long way to get it serviced, or hope a dealer closer will service it (if they are not to busy with their own customers first) is not such a good thing. Our dealer is about 2 minutes from my house. Any problems, I hook up, make a few turns and I'm at the dealer.

2013 F150 v8 4x4 Supercab
2014 Surveyor 192T
rycej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycej View Post
I also agree that saving some $$$ but having to drive a long way to get it serviced, or hope a dealer closer will service it (if they are not to busy with their own customers first) is not such a good thing. Our dealer is about 2 minutes from my house. Any problems, I hook up, make a few turns and I'm at the dealer.
Sadly, my 3 closest Sabre dealer options were 60 miles, 140 miles and 250 miles. All 3 came in close on the pricing. The 60 mile guy gave me a hard time on coming down another $500. I let pride get in the way and have paid for it in fuel bills and aggravation to get to the dealer.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #14

My dealer is 431 miles from my house........

But I saved over $2700 from any local dealers within 100 miles that had my model or comparable(not many had a model I preferred).

I did spend about $1000 on the trip out and back but made it into a "mini vacation/extended PDI" weekend before coming home. (if it wasnt for things like beer, steak, and fireworks I would spent around $750)

So I've saved $1700 and haven't needed warranty service yet. (knock on wood, fingers crossed, and all that).

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote